Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

I just feel Cadets dirt is greater than SCV so IF Cadets can catch up after all the changes they made, maybe GE improves with clarity as does music and viz.

At one point saying Cadets have dirt for this complicated show becomes a reality check for poster, reader, and lurker.

For such a statement to become the leit motif of some posters (even homers) without ever citing parts of the show where cleaning has helped and performance is better is not far akin from some one saying at first, that's a dumb mistake, and then with constant repeating which translates into, you're a dumb person, into every one believing you are dumb. And maybe even your own negative self image that you are dumb.

It's the point of the season for posters, lurkers, readers, judges and members to hear "look how this has been cleaned and is better."

At one point saying Cadets have dirt for this complicated show becomes a reality check for poster, reader, and lurker.

For such a statement to become the leit motif of some posters (even homers) without ever citing parts of the show where cleaning has helped and performance is better is not far akin from some one saying at first, that's a dumb mistake, and then with constant repeating which translates into, you're a dumb person, into every one believing you are dumb. And maybe even your own negative self image that you are dumb.

It's the point of the season for posters, lurkers, readers, judges and members to hear "look how this has been cleaned and is better."

I think the first 90% of show is being performed extremely well and that's up from even a week ago so I'm hopeful the closer can get to that level in the last week now that Changes are done. My point was I would expect a pop in their scores if the judges are looking carefully at their performance and acknowledging the improvements. Don't gaps ever close?
  • Like 1

very large percentages of the crowd do the Vanguard yell at Finals... I don't think 50%+ of the crowd there is Vanguard alums

And I would posture that 90 per cent of people tell lies, but that's not what life is meant to be is it?

I'm just sharing what venerable Vanguard alums told me about what they considered their corps' tradition, which didn't include wannabees.

I thought that the Vanguard yell was done traditionally only by alumni and parents. Has this changed? Are you either?

If you really think all the people who did the Vanguard yell in 2004 (which is a year prior to when you heard from a Vanguard alum that it is parents and alumni only), you're kidding yourself.

If you really think all the people who did the Vanguard yell in 2004 (which is a year prior to when you heard from a Vanguard alum that it is parents and alumni only), you're kidding yourself.

Good you can count. 2005-2004=1

Infringing on another corps' tradition is as awful as outsiders telling Cadets' alums that maroon and gold just doesn't matter. For Vanguard, it's a right that has been earned, just like sitting within Crown's horn ensemble is reserved to their alums and specific designees no matter who wants to orgasm over the sound.

Edited by xandandl

Good you can count. 2005-2004=1

Infringing on another corps' tradition is as aweful as outsiders telling Cadets' alums that maroon and gold just doesn't matter.

Dont you think that if this is an actual issue to the organization, that they would have issued a statement about it? Or have alums give people dirty looks if they did it if they weren't actual alums?

You're deriving your information off of one person when common sense seems to be pointing in the other direction. But it's fine, I can settle this simply by asking a current member about it.