Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

I'm hoping. This is where I either gain or lose respect for the judging community. My gut is they're not scoring each night's performance but rather going on the season's entrenched trend. If I see Cadets come out with a strong performance and see gaps close down, etc., then I know judges are looking at each show each night. All corps are cleaning BUT Cadets have the most to clean so realistically, a larger bump makes sense. IMO

Ask The Academy about judges scoring to the trend. It's not happening.

• Like 1

Ask The Academy about judges scoring to the trend. It's not happening.

I agree. Whether the Cadets clean or not, the fact remains that the four shows in front of them are a lot stronger as a whole. So, if they don't pass anyone up, that's the reason, not some judging conspiracy.

Only Cadets. It's been an uphill battle all season for them so my concern and hope is for them going forward..

Falling corps

Cadets unfortunately are going the wrong way . Cavies and SCV have passed them . They were 3-4 now 5-6

Design is flawed . Performance not up to par with top 5 . They have been here before and know how to respond .

Phantom

Past by blue stars and blue Knights . Are Crossmen next ?? Or do they kick it in with Phantom flair ?

Boston

they were 11th . Now 14th . Past by Crossmen , Academy and troopers . But they know what it takes last 2 weeks .

Edited by 777hornman

Can I just say....what a beautiful evening!! Should be awesome!!

In that same gravel lot by power plant building...free!!

There is a lot right off the highway that is charging $10...

• Like 1

And I would posture that 90 per cent of people tell lies, but that's not what life is meant to be is it?

I'm just sharing what venerable Vanguard alums told me about what they considered their corps' tradition, which didn't include wannabees.

In some previous years, hasn't SCV put out public videos about where the yell is or isn't? They seem to be speaking to a larger group than a self contained alumni group.

Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard this, so it is just very strange to me. I would like a second of third source to confirm it before I believe it to be true. That said, I do believe it is true that that's what someone told you. Not doubting you, just your source =P

I agree. Whether the Cadets clean or not, the fact remains that the four shows in front of them are a lot stronger as a whole. So, if they don't pass anyone up, that's the reason, not some judging conspiracy.

Eh. 2 of the 4 shows in front of them are not a "lot stronger"

One has very obvious structure and GE issues but is performed much cleaner and has a much better guard. The other ahead of them only jumped ahead while Cadets changed their program for 3 weeks straight . And only by a point.

Cadets have a much better show on the field now and deserved a relook by many, including the judges.

I think the first 90% of show is being performed extremely well and that's up from even a week ago so I'm hopeful the closer can get to that level in the last week now that Changes are done. My point was I would expect a pop in their scores if the judges are looking carefully at their performance and acknowledging the improvements. Don't gaps ever close?

The judges tonight may not have even judged the Cadets in the same captions prior to tonight. Even if they have, it's probably not more than once. They aren't comparing the Cadets on August 4th to Cadets previous in the season, they are tasked with judging the corps tonight relative to the other performances they see TONIGHT. The Cadets go on last. Their show and performance of the show is going to be compared to SCV and Bluecoats, not the Cadets of four weeks ago.

• Like 1

In some previous years, hasn't SCV put out public videos about where the yell is or isn't? They seem to be speaking to a larger group than a self contained alumni group.

Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard this, so it is just very strange to me. I would like a second of third source to confirm it before I believe it to be true. That said, I do believe it is true that that's what someone told you. Not doubting you, just your source =P

I can't believe this is even a topic. SCV has posted over the years where they want people to yell. Regardless, no one gets to dictate if fans want to be engaged in a show. SMH.
  • Like 2

Eh. 2 of the 4 shows in front of them are not a "lot stronger"

I would say 4 corps above them have stronger programs and 3 or behind them also .