Big Loud & Live 13

Had a horrible experience at the June one with high schoolers. What made it worse is I knew who they were.

Booed Blue Devils every time they were mentioned (WITH a BD alum in a jacket right behind them I know they saw walk in), made fun of Bluecoats show the whole time and kept saying they sucked, laughed at a Boston player who fell, ect. I glared back at them a few times and got a come at me bro gesture with an "I DONT CARE!" yelled at me as Bluecoats were starting.

Not sure I wanna go back. And it's the only theater that has it within a 100 miles.

My mind is honestly blown at the difference in level of maturity between 20 year olds and 15 year olds. If I had to deal with people like that in college, I'd transfer schools

You should contact the principal and band director at the school they were from. It is clear these students don't come from a "good" program.

• Like 1

I'll be at my local theater in central PA!!

The crowd isn't usually too bad...at least last year.

Despite the fact I have many closer theaters (bad sound at one and bad students at another), I am driving 2 hours to Orlando to watch it at AMC at Disney Springs.

You can eat at Splitsville next door (and go bowling)...
  • Like 1

Too many high schoolers in the theatres near me. Not going

You know that's interesting. Last year at my theater, there were few high schoolers and I was shocked by that. If I were a band director it would be absolutely mandatory before or during band camp! Anyhow, last year the theater audience was well behaved, about half full with mostly adults and the experience was wonderful. If you can't be in Indy, this event ROCKS.

Edited by luv4corps

I can only manage to pull off Semi's and Finals in Indy this year (first time since 2008 not attending all three).........so it's Thursday night theater for me in Grandville/Grand Rapids MIchigan.

That's honestly the best way to do it (we've done quarters at the theater then semis and finals at the stadium for the last four or five years). It's nice to see it on the big screen with good audio before heading off to the sound vacuum of the dome.

Had a horrible experience at the June one with high schoolers. What made it worse is I knew who they were.

Booed Blue Devils every time they were mentioned (WITH a BD alum in a jacket right behind them I know they saw walk in), made fun of Bluecoats show the whole time and kept saying they sucked, laughed at a Boston player who fell, ect. I glared back at them a few times and got a come at me bro gesture with an "I DONT CARE!" yelled at me as Bluecoats were starting.

Not sure I wanna go back. And it's the only theater that has it within a 100 miles.

That is just awful. I would for sure find out what school they're from and get in the band director's face about it. That is of course AFTER the unruly ones get thrown out so you can enjoy some drum corps thank you very much.

• Like 1