2016 Prelims Order

So what Open class corps will score higher than World class this year? My guess is BDB over Pioneer, Cascades, Jersey Surf, Pacific Crest, and Spirit and neck and neck with OC and Manderins. Same with SCVC. Both will make semis.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 in again.

So what Open class corps will score higher than World class this year? My guess is BDB over Pioneer, Cascades, Jersey Surf, Pacific Crest, and Spirit and neck and neck with OC and Manderins. Same with SCVC. Both will make semis.

Right now both BDB and VC are between Colts and Mandarins in placement, and closer to Colts. I find it hard to believe they are really going to finish quite that high in placement but it could happen. 2014 found BDB in 15th place overall. It always amazes me how those corps clean up at the very last minute, experience enormous score jumps and pass a bunch of WC corps who are stalling or barely moving up.

I see BDB, SCVC, Spartans, legends, and Genesis. With surf coming in at that last spot.

I'd say this a pretty good call. I so love watching the Open Class Corps compete at this level. Such a crying shame DCI LIVE doesn't include Open Class Semi's as part of the LIVE package, very short sighted on their part if you ask me. and So Unfair to the Open Class Corps, members, families and their fans and supporters. Would love to hear from DCI why this is the case.

• Like 1

I'd say this a pretty good call. I so love watching the Open Class Corps compete at this level. Such a crying shame DCI LIVE doesn't include Open Class Semi's as part of the LIVE package, very short sighted on their part if you ask me. and So Unfair to the Open Class Corps, members, families and their fans and supporters. Would love to hear from DCI why this is the case.

Money. Same reason why there are no corps on the videos outside the top 12. The unit cost to produce is higher than the unit revenue for sales. Unfortunately, the world class and open class don't have the same relationship that the NBA and WNBA have. DCI could learn a thing or two there.

World class is all anyone is interested in and from what you said, is probably the reason why.

World class is all anyone is interested in and from what you said, is probably the reason why.

Not true. There are many people interested in Open Class.

Not true. There are many people interested in Open Class.

Some. But even as one who marched in open class\div2.. the number is infinitely smaller.