The Fight for Finals

If Academy doesn't make Saturday night, there is no justice in the universe.

And there you have it.

Are you planning to start a protest group- Dead Lives Matter?

• Like 2

Are you planning to start a protest group- Dead Lives Matter?

Granted, this is SO Wrong! But I still couldn't help but LM*AO, I am still trying to pick myself off the floor. At the of age 65 this is no easy task, care to lend me a hand?! I Nominate this the most un-PC: Post of the year ( - :.

• Like 1

MADISON AND BOSTON BOTH HAVE BEEN THERE AND KNOW WHAT IT TAKES LAST 2 WEEKS TO GET THE JOB DONE .

ACADEMY - Probably has the most sophomoric design out of the three.

It is effective but a little easy and not too high brow. we are talking DCI Judges .

Never count out multi time finalists and their staffs to do what it takes to get in ......

Academy ( who lost to MADISON by 2 points coming into Allentown ) Are NO LOCK for finals .and I would NOT be surprised if they are the corps that lands in 13th.

Phantom

Blue Stars

Crossmen

Madison

Boston

------

Academy

troopers

Colts

Forty-four years in, I have a theory about finals week: the judges are given one last pep talk, a talk that reminds them that the final scores they register will become a part of determining the direction of the activity moving forward. Therefore -- here comes my theory -- given the level of quality performances that every corps will deliver, it comes down to layering those performances on the quality of the shows themselves.

*Dodging brickbats* ; )

I can apply my theory to the top of the charts, but since we are discussing who gets in finals, here goes: Crossmen, The Academy, Boston Crusaders, perhaps in that descending order.

Should be a terrific week!

1-11 seem to be pretty solid. Perhaps not in current order, but no one is going to knock them out of Saturday night. And, yes, I am including Academy in the top 11. I believe they are all but a lock to make it to the last night of the season for the first time in their history. The real nail biter seems to be coming down to Madison and Boston - 2 perennial finalists. At this point, I wouldn't be confident in choosing one over the other. I've seen both shows and probably get a little more visual factor from Madison but feel BAC is cleaner. Overall, I'd say BAC has done a better job between the two of cleaning since the beginning of the season. Cleaning can be the difference when the dust settles. So, perhaps, a very slight edge to BAC.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

If pioneer makes Friday night, i will be jumping up and down.