Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

Just announced some corps are caught in traffic

Ah, that explains the long intermission. I couldn't hear most of the P.A. announcements tonight.

Be rude, if necessary.

I have been around this activity for far too long to be offended. The reason they are so close competitively is because DCI needs it to be that way. From a "sheet" standpoint, BD is head and shoulders (once again) ahead of the competition. They could very well take third next week, but that won't be a reflection of what is on the field. It will reflect DCI's need to continue to promote their activity as a place where anyone can triumph, even though there is a reason we call the corps we all know as the "big six".

Let's face it... Blue Knights, The Academy, Crossmen...they aren't winning DCI any time soon.

If the judging plays out correctly,with all performances being equal, the Blue Devils win number eighteen.

They may be rude, but you're being crude. To me, a lot worse.

• Like 2

Does it typically take this long for the Cadets to set up?

No penalty, so I think they were told to take their time in order to accommodate the corps caught in traffic.

Violinist now up front instead of on one of the cakes. She can probably hear better as a result.

She's been up front since the second week.

• Like 1

Wow. Didn't know the good guy did all those back flips in front of the drumline.

The audience didn't seem too impressed, apparently having used all their backflip-applause on the the three Cavs members who start the show with that move.

Wait, is that the hero's girlfriend or the bandit's? Either way, LAME!

I wouldn't go that far, but watching the new ending live for the second time, I do feel something is missing. I wasn't in love with the original ending, either, but you do put your finger on at least part of the problem: why does she stop him? Because she loves the villain too? Or because she believes in mercy rather than revenge? And if the latter, why does she in particular feel that way?

I guess I'll hang out here since there was nothing for the Erie show...

I just wish they weren't scheduled for the same night! In previous years, I've been able to attend both.

They may be rude, but you're being crude. To me, a lot worse.

Crude? How so?

Nothing I have posted has qualified as "crude". If you think so, please point it out to me, as that is never my intent.

I just noticed those aren't rifles but lightning bolts. NICE.

And the drill formation at the end of the storm sequence is also a lightning bolt.

(Other forms not mentioned in tonight's commentary: Madison has a rotating cross and a holy grail.)

I wouldn't go that far, but watching the new ending live for the second time, I do feel something is missing. I wasn't in love with the original ending, either, but you do put your finger on at least part of the problem: why does she stop him? Because she loves the villain too? Or because she believes in mercy rather than revenge? And if the latter, why does she in particular feel that way?

And when I post something that questions their show telling, I am labeled as "crude".

You are on point, by the way. The story makes no sense.