Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

Here's an example.

That's a slap in the face to the entire staff that put this show together. Sorry that you can't follow it, but clearly it's being sold to the majority of the audience.

Instead you could have said

"Personally, I'm not buying the show because the storyline isn't lining up for me, but they're still an amazing corps and are performing the hell out of their show."

One sentence, the way you meant it, worded differently. How you word your opinion changes the entire mood of your post.

I already said that.

As a designer, I blew it more than once. I posted that. I made mistakes from a design standpoint.

That said, I can call out the design team of Crown. Sometimes, what you want to portray is lost in translation. I had it happen to me, multiple times. That is the case for their show this year.

I have been around this activity for far too long to be offended. The reason they are so close competitively is because DCI needs it to be that way.

You mean, if it weren't for DCI putting the fix in, that BD would be farther behind Bloo than they were at:

Houston

San Antonio

Nashville

Atlanta

Allentown

and Buffalo?

Well, that's one way to look at things, I guess, but I wouldn't be so hard on BD.

:tounge2:

(Early in the season, I felt that BD had the best show, but Crown and Bloo have grown on me, while in the more recent videos I've seen of BD, some things that I had liked are now changed, not for the better.)

• Like 1

Yeah but those are a dime a dozen on here. If I took on all of those I'd be a recluse......lol.

Sigh life of a BD fan. One guy gets cocky, all of them get labeled as arrogant.

People start making conspiracy theories about BD, we decide to brush it off as nothing but haters hating, and the arrogant stereotype gets reinforced even more lol

(This is more of a general comment, not directed at you DrumMan)

No, they aren't. That is what, often times, comes down to the difference between the top six. And, that has been the case Sondheim was teaching division II in the late nineties.

Themes are rewarded. They are recognized. They are often times, the highest scoring corps.

Well, by "overrated", I meant "overrated by the judges", too. Just 'cause it's rewarded don't make it good.

Wow.

I wasn't trying to "leave a bad taste in your mouth". I was defending my corps. Did you rip on all of the Cadets homers on this board?

Go back and re-read what I posted. I wrote nothing that wasn't true or realistic. If they lose, then Bloo or Crown had the better performance. That's what I wrote. Plain and simple

You call me out on being a "homer", but then do the same thing for other corps.

Yep. I won me some golds. That was not the point. I was trying to discuss the corps this year. Bloo is awesome, Crown's show makes no sense, but their brass is awesome, and I really think that BD has the best show. And yes, I want to see them three peat.

What do you call these comments then? You're saying that if anyone else besides the Blue Devils win it's because of emotion.

The sentimentality for either of those corps to win is currently outweighing rational thinking when it comes to assessing the shows on the field. Bloo is great, but there is no "there" for them. Crown is great, but there is no "story" outside of what they continue to tell fans via other ways besides their show.

They are the better production, and if they lose, it will be based on judging that is founded in sentimental emotion and not objective evaluation of what is on the field.

If the Devs do their job and are accordingly judged, they win three in a row next week.

BD, if judged by the sheets, should win next week. Period. Any other winner will be awarded according to emotions.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I already said that.

As a designer, I blew it more than once. I posted that. I made mistakes from a design standpoint.

That said, I can call out the design team of Crown. Sometimes, what you want to portray is lost in translation. I had it happen to me, multiple times. That is the case for their show this year.

Again, you are in the minority that STILL doesn't understand the show. Honestly, I feel like people don't take the time to understand it, which is your option. Just don't put it down because you don't take the time. I take the time to understand Blue Devils shows, even if I don't enjoy them. If you love the activity so much as you claim, then why not take that time? As I've said, follow the Stagecoach. You'll find the story. If you don't, then you just don't care enough to catch it.

And I'm all for a Blue Devils win if they are the best on Saturday night. I don't recall the part where anyone was attacking the Blue Devils on this thread, unless you take a few Crown/Bluecoats homers predicting 3rd for Blue Devils as attacking. Clearly, the numbers all season long, have indicated that two other corps have shows that are just as good or better on certain nights, and that they are being performed just as well. If you want to write off someone else winning as " based on judging that is founded in sentimental emotion and not objective evaluation of what is on the field" or "awarded according to emotions" to use your own words, that's ridiculous and a pretty big insult to Carolina Crown and Bluecoats.

I'm done now.

• Like 1

And just the idea that you think DCI is throwing everyone else a bone, and that TONS of judges this summer are just judging on emotion and not giving BD what they deserve is so ridiculous to me. There are so many of the judges whose opinions I highly respect, and trust to make the right decision. To think it's all fixed to just let someone else win is a load of horse ####.

I really enjoy BD this year, and think they could very easily pull it out this weekend and deservedly so, but to say the game is rigged and whoever wins is just out of emotion and not because they deserve it is about as cocky, pretentious, and arrogant as it gets. Good for you, you won some Golds with them. Great.

Agreed. If Devils win Saturday, I certainly won't claim the system is rigged. But I think there are three corps with a legitimate shot.

(Heck, maybe more than three. It is not unheard of for a corps to close a gap of more than three points in the final week.)

• Like 1

Agreed. If Devils win Saturday, I certainly won't claim the system is rigged. But I think there are three corps with a legitimate shot.

(Heck, maybe more than three. It is not unheard of for a corps to close a gap of more than three points in the final week.)

Same here. I'm in the minority that actually loved Blue Devils show last year. One of only a hand full of times I actually liked their show. Just because I didn't like them though, doesn't mean they didn't deserve the win.

I don't need a hat. Thanks for the gold medal (I'll place it next to the ones I have already won as a member in WGI and DCI).

My post was not done in "arrogance". Which, by the way, is the defense mechanism all folks who do not want to see BD win fall back upon.

Seriously? Address what I posted. Stop regressing to nonsense. BD, if judged by the sheets, should win next week. Period. Any other winner will be awarded according to emotions.

Hyperbole. Everything I've read from you tonight is hyperbole.

There is a three way race for 1st. The corps ARE being judged by the sheets! If BD wins, they'll deserve it.

Same with Bluecoats, or Crown.

It is "arrogant" to say that "BD, if judged by the sheets, should win next week. ... Any other winner will be awarded according to emotions"

That's what I believe the other poster mean by "arrogance".

Having to come up with a reason for BD not winning (POSSIBLY) by stating that others will win by emotion is a simple defense mechanism.

Feel free to be that way, but it sounds like bull #### to me. :augen51:

• Like 5