Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

Yep. It's my opinion backed up by the sheets.

Examine the top three shows. Crown's show hinges on their ability to tell a story, and they are still having difficulty doing so. Like I posted, their brass section is phenomenal, but that is just one of many components that come into play. Bloo is a GE monster, but there is no through line to their show other than various members running up and sliding down the ramps in an attempt to validate their title of "Down Side Up" (their "architectural" approach does not help explain their original approach). BD has, musically and visually, the superior show, which is nothing new. The backlash against them winking three in a row is what is their biggest challenge at this point in time. They march better, they play better, their drum line is vastly underrated, and the general consensus in the drum corps world is that folks don't want them to three peat. Do other corps in the top three have fantastic shows? Absolutely. Are they out designing and out performing the Blue Devils? According to what appears on the sheets, no.

If the Devs do their job and are accordingly judged, they win three in a row next week.

Gold medal for arrogance. You could wrap it tin foil, but then you wouldn't have a hat.

• Like 5

Crude? How so?

Nothing I have posted has qualified as "crude". If you think so, please point it out to me, as that is never my intent.

Crude and oblivious.

A winning combination right there.

If you can't figure it out, I'm not even going to explain it to you.

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 2

Gold medal for arrogance. You could wrap it tin foil, but then you wouldn't have a hat.

I don't need a hat. Thanks for the gold medal (I'll place it next to the ones I have already won as a member in WGI and DCI).

My post was not done in "arrogance". Which, by the way, is the defense mechanism all folks who do not want to see BD win fall back upon.

Seriously? Address what I posted. Stop regressing to nonsense. BD, if judged by the sheets, should win next week. Period. Any other winner will be awarded according to emotions.

Crude and oblivious.

A winning combination right there.

If you can't figure it out, I'm not even going to explain it to you.

Bravo.

You can't explain it, therefore you won't figure it out for yourself.

Are you kidding me?!?

Again...see your username as the full explanation.

I don't need a hat. Thanks for the gold medal (I'll place it next to the ones I have already won as a member in WGI and DCI).

My post was not done in "arrogance". Which, by the way, is the defense mechanism all folks who do not want to see BD win fall back upon.

Seriously? Address what I posted. Stop regressing to nonsense. BD, if judged by the sheets, should win next week. Period. Any other winner will be awarded according to emotions.

How is that not arrogant? So just because you said it's gonna happen, that means it should happen, right? Not because the Bluecoats have been straight up beating BD all year?

• Like 3

Bravo.

You can't explain it, therefore you won't figure it out for yourself.

Are you kidding me?!?

Again...see your username as the full explanation.

No, I'm just not going to waste my time explaining it to someone who is so #### full of themselves that they refuse to see it for themselves. Other people have pointed it out, so why do I need to?

It's honestly sad, the majority of Blue Devils fans axt this way. Hell, the Cadets don't even act this way and they are a rowdy bunch!

Maybe you should add an O to your username? Then it could definitely explain yourself as well.

"Just So #### Oblivious"

Have a good night. I'm going to sleep well, knowing that non of your crude comments are affecting me. Have fun! I know I have.

• Like 1

How is that not arrogant? So just because you said it's gonna happen, that means it should happen, right? Not because the Bluecoats have been straight up beating BD all year?

Haven't been beating them all year. They have been neck in neck.

My "take" is just that. I marched BD and won championships with them. I fully trust their staff going into finals week. If they lose? Fair enough. I just trust Jay, Scott, Scott, John, et al.

My goodness, do you folks who have slammed me tonight read what you posted? I supported my corps as a designer and as a former judge. It was my take. No need to reserve to the takes you have stooped to.

We are all fans of the activity. I want my organization to win three in a row. I make no bones about it.

But, you who are responding to me don't need to be ########.

I am actually a bit tired of hearing about the revisionist design of Bloo. They said, point blank, that they went with the visual first and made everything else fit in a way that they could "sell" the show. My former student (and captain) is the designer of the colorguard (and they are ######), but I would love to have a conversation with him about the "theme" of the show. I assume that there wasn't one, but they made it fit and sold it in critique.

Despite what Channel3 says, themes are overrated.

No, I'm just not going to waste my time explaining it to someone who is so #### full of themselves that they refuse to see it for themselves. Other people have pointed it out, so why do I need to?

It's honestly sad, the majority of Blue Devils fans axt this way. Hell, the Cadets don't even act this way and they are a rowdy bunch!

Maybe you should add an O to your username? Then it could definitely explain yourself as well.

"Just So #### Oblivious"

Have a good night. I'm going to sleep well, knowing that non of your crude comments are affecting me. Have fun! I know I have.

You obviously don't know me.

Check yourself.

Sorry you had fun at someone else's expense.