Indy After Show Hangouts

Soooo...I gather an attempt to consolidate my pennies for the purpose of paying a visit to Indianapolis one of these years wouldn't be a totally wasted effot?? :smile:

We've always enjoyed our stays in Indy. While we mostly eat out and watch drum corps, there's tons of touristy stuff to do to avoid DCI Burnout.

We've always enjoyed our stays in Indy. While we mostly eat out and watch drum corps, there's tons of touristy stuff to do to avoid DCI Burnout.

I enjoy it also. Once a year is plenty for me, but I don't tire of it.

As others have mentioned on similar threads, the lack of establishments open late is disappointing.

As others have mentioned on similar threads, the lack of establishments open late is disappointing.

True. :-(

Plat 99 in the Alexander. They get a lot of my scratch.

I will attempt to track you down. I'm there also but only in Indy Thursday night as I fly out Friday morning

After 28 hours of Prelims I will need a cocktail or three

• Like 1

I book as nice a hotel possible and drink heavily during the downtime to avoid the realization that I am in the most boring city in the USA, Indianapolis hahaha

I kid I kid!

• Like 3

For me, the best place after finals is at the busses. I get to see my Blou Lou (his beloved nickname this year) and carry all of his summer stuff back to the hotel! We may splurge and uber it this year! Then, depending on the time, we may have a celebratory drink or two in the hotel bar.

I'm soooo jealous!!!

• Like 1

Soooo...I gather an attempt to consolidate my pennies for the purpose of paying a visit to Indianapolis in August one of these years wouldn't be a totally wasted effort?? :smile:

Not if you give me a heads up which year and we both can make the trip. Just think of it as a bigger time together than 2015 Tanglewood.

I want to put a plug in for Bourbon Street Distillery. The bar is open until 3am Mon-Sat. It is a little hole in the wallish, but it isn't too loud, so you can have a conversation without yelling. It is across the the street from the Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott on the corner of N. Senate Ave. and Indiana Ave.