DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Interesting that both Blue Devils and Shadow quote lines from Shakespeare that feature the word "dreams".

Shakespeare's 400th birthday is this year. I'm somewhat surprised more corps didn't go for Shakespeare themes. Maybe word got out that BD was doing one and people opted to not have their design teams have to deal with comparison to whatever BD was going to put out.

Before you feel too "horrible for the kids in Spirit," take 2 minutes and watch this video that they posted today. The kids are having a great time and are enjoying performing that show, and that's what really matters. Just watch the video; I don't think you'll see anyone wallowing in self-pity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0UtJA_HCu0&feature=share

Thanks for sharing that video. Looks like they're having a blast. Their show was the first one that had me spontaneously clapping. Big, brassy, a little dirty but fun!

Shakespeare's 400th birthday is this year. I'm somewhat surprised more corps didn't go for Shakespeare themes. Maybe word got out that BD was doing one and people opted to not have their design teams have to deal with comparison to whatever BD was going to put out.

It's actually Shakespeare's 400th anniversary of his death.

It's actually Shakespeare's 400th anniversary of his death.

Birth, death. Something like that. There's a big to do about everything Shakespeare this year. ;)