2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

I like this drill efffect - Brass in a block center field. Sections of the block then turn into a fast rotating circle around a guard member as she tosses a rifle, returning to the block when she catches. Great way to draw attention to the toss.

Is it just me, or are the mic levels off on the broadcast tonight...They have been having better balance...the theater broadcast was nice and full, but had the pit and solos out of balance louder. Last night seemed balanced, and tonight it seems muted. I am running through Apple TV and usually can blast the surround sound out of the building, but tonight everything seems more muted. Anybody else experiencing this? Some solo's mic'ed, such as the violin here in the Cadets, were a little loud, disproportionately...don't get me wrong, still enjoyable, but not the brass power I usually get going through DCI Live and Apple TV.

• Like 1

To the Cadets credit, there is a ton of demand in this show for the MM's to try and execute.

I really do love all but about 30 seconds of this show. They perform the crap out of it. Actually a little surprised they aren't scoring higher, but I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to those kinds of things.

I've played steel drums before and I know of only 2 uses of that sound in a DCI show: Bluecoats 2014 (electronic) and Jersey Surf 2015 (real).

Bluecoats 2006 had a steel drum which performed a duet with the trumpet soloist in the opener. Also, 1983 Vanguard had a steel drum in their drum solo.
  • Like 1

Did the human who fights the statue have a face flag before?

Cadets trumpet soloist is wearing his colorful DCI wristband for admittance.

Also, was this fight in before Cadets saw Crown's fight at the end of their show?

• Like 1