Madison Scouts 2017

33 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Yeah but here's the thing, can't you move forward without changing every connection from the past? Is that the new drum corps activity, lets not have anything (or very little) identifiable from previous corps/years?  

Jeez...exaggerate much?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

Jeez...exaggerate much?

Well, it was you that said above that you can't be a " real fan " unless you support a uniform change. If thats not an exaggerated assessment of a fan then I don't know what is. Just sayin'.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I really did read back through the uniform/costume portion of this. Did I miss that it is confirmed a change in uniforms is definitely costume-y and looks nothing like the traditional Scout uniform? If that's just a rumor, why is there so much misery about it? If it is confirmed, wouldn't it make sense to see what they look like before jumping straight to misery?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

If it is confirmed, wouldn't it make sense to see what they look like before jumping straight to misery?

Ya think ? Maybe this is good advice on EVERYTHING related to ALL the Corps shows, themes, unis, brass, drums, guard ? .. lol!

Edited by BRASSO

We don't know that they have changed every connection from the past do we?  Has anyone seen the change? All I am reading in here is pure speculation, conjecture and fear!  I'm a realist and I need facts before I can make an educated decision. 

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

Yeah but here's the thing, can't you move forward without changing every connection from the past? Is that the new drum corps activity, lets not have anything (or very little) identifiable from previous corps/years?  

2 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

I applaud the Madison staff for moving forward in thinking and design!  If you're not moving forward, you're standing still.  Bravo to Chris, Dan and the staff!! 

I think the new competition for this summer is: Who is spinning faster in his grave, CH Beebe or John Baumfalk?

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well, it was you that said above that you can't be a " real fan " unless you support a uniform change. If thats not an exaggerated assessment of a fan then I don't know what is. Just sayin'.

It's no different than being a fan of a sports franchise. If your team changes the uniforms and you stop supporting them, you not a fan. That's not an exaggeration. I doubt any dedicated fan of an NFL team will stop watching games because the team changes the uniform (and they do, often).

It's not gate-keeping, Brasso. 

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kamarag said:

It's no different than being a fan of a sports franchise. If your team changes the uniforms and you stop supporting them, you not a fan. . 

Well, if the fan disappears, yes, they are no longer " a fan ". Not figuratively, " no longer a fan " . They are literally " no longer a fan ". If a former fan no longer supports their team because of poor play, increased costs, team moved away, or changed uniforms, or a thousand other reasons why a former fan of a team or sport no longer supports the team or sport, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things WHY they exited out and are no longer " a fan " ? 

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, Kamarag said:

. I doubt any dedicated fan of an NFL team will stop watching games because the team changes the uniform (and they do, often).

It's not gate-keeping, Brasso. 

Are you kidding ? If an NFL team put its team in WGI attire ( and lets face it, thats what we essentially are talking about here ) they'd be wholesale mutiny, riots, and massive exit of fans. So this is a bad analogy, imo. And lest we forget, since you mentioned the NFL, the NFL puts their teams in the old uniforms for some football games now. Can you imagine if, for example, the Blue Devils or the Bluecoats went out on the football fields with their 1978 uniforms on ? No, DCI is not like the NFL.... not at all. So its not a good analogy to compare what the NFL does and what DCI does.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Are you kidding ? If an NFL team put its team in WGI attire ( and lets face it, thats what we essentially are talking about here ) they'd be wholesale mutiny, riots, and massive exit of fans. So this is a bad analogy, imo. And lest we forget, since you mentioned the NFL, the NFL puts their teams in the old uniforms for some football games now. Can you imagine if, for example, the Blue Devils or the Bluecoats went out on the football fields with their 1978 uniforms on ? No, DCI is not like the NFL.... not at all. So its not a good analogy to compare what the NFL does and what DCI does.

Easy there Brasso. I think a better comparison for the NFL uniforms changing would be like if an NFL team started wearing uniforms that better fit the Arena Football League. The NFL is perfectly comparable to DCI in that it is the highest level of competition in their respective departments. Also, fun fact: both the NFL and DCI compete on football fields.

• Like 1