Madison Scouts 2017

13 hours ago, Kamarag said:

If you bail on your corps over a uniform change, you're not a real fan.

If you follow the herd, you're not a real Progressive.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Ya gotta follow the herd.  That's what drum corps do.  

"Assuming the furry, rodent-like animals known as lemmings could speak, they could adamantly answer 'yes'to the questions 'Would you jump off a bridge just because your friends were doing it?'The suicidal tendencies of the lemming to 'off'themselves... is most assuredly the fact that characterizes this animal. "

• Like 1

18 hours ago, henry7184 said:

No, it isn't. The problem with corps like Scouts, Regiment and Atlanta is all three on constantly stuck in the past. They all look to their past to try and generate current results. It doesn't work if you want to stay competitive in today's game. I want the Scouts to complete reinvent themselves and it looks like that's exactly what they are doing. It is excellent news. Will this garner better results than last year? I hope so, but only time will tell.

Sorry but I have to challenge you here. The Scouts had a very non-traditional Scouts looking uniform in 2009 and placed 15th and in 2010 the corps changed uniforms which mimicked their uniform from 1980 and played more traditional Scouts type musical and placed 10th.  They kept the uniform and musical approach and remained in the top 12 until just last year. So how did their look and sound negatively effect their competitiveness?

On topic,  I am not happy they are changing uniforms and I am not happy with some of the music they have chosen which looks to be very dark.  Hoping for the best but....

• Like 2

I fear that the cool, masculine Madison Scouts superman suit uniform will be gone, & Its a darn shame. I am surprised that the Scout alumni on the board approved a change from uniforms to costumes. Doing what everyone else is doing isn't original or trend setting, it is merely following.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I fear that the cool, masculine Madison Scouts superman suit uniform will be gone, & Its a darn shame. I am surprised that the Scout alumni on the board approved a change from uniforms to costumes. Doing what everyone else is doing isn't original or trend setting, it is merely following.

yes, With Scouts, Cadets, and Boston dropping their iconic looks, nothing seems cherished anymore.

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, With Scouts, Cadets, and Boston dropping their iconic looks, nothing seems cherished anymore.

What's next? A choral octet?  Oops wrong thread. 

• Like 2

I applaud the Madison staff for moving forward in thinking and design!  If you're not moving forward, you're standing still.  Bravo to Chris, Dan and the staff!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Madcityscout said:

If you're not moving forward, you're standing still. 

Unless you are moving sideways.  

And since there is no defined path towards what is best (since there is no defined "best" other than what actually wins), forward isn't necessarily any better than sideways, especially if "moving forward" merely means keep your same spot in a herd that is moving in that same direction. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

I applaud the Madison staff for moving forward in thinking and design!  If you're not moving forward, you're standing still.  Bravo to Chris, Dan and the staff!! 

Yeah but here's the thing, can't you move forward without changing every connection from the past? Is that the new drum corps activity, lets not have anything (or very little) identifiable from previous corps/years?