2017 PREDICTIONS!

@LabMaster

1. New staff doesn't necessarily mean drastic improvements. Who's to say that the changes in staff will be the right changes for the future of BAC? Chemistry takes time to build and many people are jumping the gun in assuming that new staff will correlate to a drastic improvement in placement. It is ultimately up to the kids to bring home the end result. Comparatively, 2016 was a more uncertain year than 2015 for BAC, with them being on the verge of not performing on Saturday night. This could cause a drop in member retention and certainly wont do anything drastic for recruitment purposes.

2. Academy is coming off of a stellar year with they first finals appearance in their history as a corps. Member retention will likely spike and I would expect recruitment to be at a peak for this corps. They had their first taste of what its like to perform on Saturday night and I doubt they are ready to give that up. They're going to come out swinging and show DCI that they belong in the top 12. With their phenomenal show design and staff, they certainly have the potential to be a top 5 contender within the next 5-10 years.

3. You would be crazy to assume that Madison hasn't learned from their mistakes after this season. They are historically phenomenal musicians and performers, and it would be outrageous to assume that they wont push back in to finals after last season. They certainly have some lost ground to make up, but there is no reason to believe that they wont get back in the game come 2017.

4. Troopers will remain more or less the same, hovering on the cusp of finals like for the last 5 years. There is no reason to expect anything different this year. And with the loss of Tim "The Rock" Snyder, who knows who will pick up the slack?

And my mistake, here is my revised order:

9. Stars

10. Acad

11. Madison

12. Crossmen

13. BAC

14. Troop

Regarding Boston Crusaders, I have not heard any rumblings or seen any hints on DCP, FB posts, etc., that suggest an exodus of current marching members due to dissatisfaction with placement. If anything, people are hoping veterans will not be pushed out by those who want to march with the new staff. Since some of the staff have worked together before, and all at least know each other, staff working together will probably not be an issue. There is no reason not to expect a better placement next year.

Regarding Academy, I also expect to see them return, and I would expect that now they have made finals, there will be fewer people leaving for other corps, but those who leave Academy reportedly try for not just corps that make finals, but corps that medal. So they still could face a retention challenge, but their bigger challenge will be topping last year. Making finals is a honeymoon stage, it next year there will have greater expectations on the corps. It can happen, in 1999 Boston Crusaders placed 9th then 5th in 2000, but the stakes will be pretty high.

Fwiw with a new staff everybody has to change approach in the corps. If the other corps retain caption head and bring back vets they start the season with step ahead. This is why I don't see Boston jumping a ton since (for now) the others are keeping caption heads. And yes I know it's gino but it won't be Cadet talent no matter what any person on here says.

• Like 1

I try and be a little original with my prediction..instead of rehearsing the top 12 from this past season.

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Cavaliers

5. Bloo

6. Cadets

7. Blue Knights

8. Blue Stars ( really really liked their drill this past year)

9. Crossmen (Moving up!)

10. Phantom

11. Boston

12. Madison scouts or Troopers

I really did love Academy this year, but that's the thing "this year". They don't get to keep the score from this year, they will have to entertain me once more before I start putting them in my top 12 every year.

• Like 1

hmmmm....this is more like What I'd like to happen....

1. Crown

2. Bloocoats

3. Cavies

4. BD

5. SCV

6. Cadets

7. Phantom

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. BAC

11. Crossmen

12. Madison/Academy

GE:Crown

Visual: Cavies/Bloo

Percussion: Bloo,/SCV

Color guard: Crown/BD

Brass: Crown

Whats' more likely to happen

1-3. Crown/BD/Bloo Toss up...but I think Crown or BD will take it over Bloo

4.Cavies

5.Cadets

6.SCV

7. BK

8. Phantom

9. Crossmen

10.Blue Stars

11.BAC

12. Madison

GE:Crown/BD

Visual: BD/ Crown

Percussion: BD,/SCV

Color guard: BD/Bloo

GE:Crown

Visual: Cavies/Bloo

Percussion: Bloo,/SCV

Color guard: Crown/BD

Academy They don't get to keep the score from this year, they will have to entertain me once more before I start putting them in my top 12 every year.

I suppose everybody's got their own criteria for their offseason placement predictions for the following season, but I know that if I based my placement predictions on how well these corps shows entertained me personally, my placement predictions would more than likely look very wonkish to most people. Oh well.

1) Blue Devils... Gold

2) Santa Clara Vanguard.... Silver

3) Bluecoats...... Bronze

These are my medalists predictions for August 2017, here in August 2016 ( I reserve the right to change this 12 times between now and Semi Finals next year. )

• Like 1

1) Blue Devils... Gold

2) Santa Clara Vanguard.... Silver

3) Bluecoats...... Bronze

These are my medalists predictions for August 2017, here in August 2016 ( I reserve the right to change this 12 times between now and Semi Finals next year. )

Right three. Maybe not that order, however. I'll bet it will be close all season.

But they're not going to "waive" such rules to the extent that an overage corps could displace a true junior corps from the final 12 on Saturday night.

If the posted video is indicative of the performance quality of their DCE Finals performance, no one would have to worry about finals spots anyway. That intonation alone would keep them out of the top 25.

BD

Bloo

SCV

Cavies

Crown

Cadets

BK

Phantom

Boston

Stars

Crossmen

Madison