2017 PREDICTIONS!

I predict we won't get more than 2 or 3 show announcements by the end of the year if any.

._.

It's just been worse than a sequestered jury....at least Pioneer marched to the beat of their own drum! ...

• Like 1

You know what? I hope the Cavaliers find themselves wearing a medal by the end of next year :) :) :)

BTW : Cadets are coming to Little Rock next summer, I'm excited. Also, Phantom is coming and I have never gotten to see them live.

You know what? I hope the Cavaliers find themselves wearing a medal by the end of next year :) :) :)

I'm shocked you feel that way.

• Like 2

I think Cavaliers will rise up. I think to 4th though. I see another battle royal between the Blue's Can't count out Crown though especially with that stellar pit they have. I am hoping SCV can vie for a medal .

Same reason these forums exists, people post, people respond. Like I said in my post, I see them improving, but not leaping over that many corps, including Madison (who beat them most of the seaon), as well as corps like the Troopers, who were in the same scoring bracket.

And as I addressed in my post that you found so offensive, it is true that their design and instructional team seems to be much improved, but that doesn't guarantee that they will just rocket up.

Sure they'll get some members from Cadets and Crown, but it doesn't appear there was a mass exodus of vets that went to BAC which will improve, but none of this guarantees immediate success, or really long term success at all. It's a hope, but not a guarantee.

I'll give you Madison for example. After the 2009 season Jim Mason comes in, along with Jim Prime, Jon Vanderkloff, Jim Moore, Donnie Van Doren, etc. and the corps improved back to finals, but over the next few years they fluctuated in the 9-11 ranks due to many factors including show design, but it didn't guarantee anything that many of us had hoped for. The reason I bring them up, they were part of Star of Indiana's team, as well as Blast! and countless other top-notch programs, including DCI championships and other accolades, and 2015 virtuall of those individuals had moved on and were replaced, and Madison went to 8th. They were people that took corps to the top, came together in a different organization, hovering around the same spot competitively and couldn't fulfill the hope that many had.

I'm not saying they're not going to improve-never did say that-but to jump from barely making finals to top 5 just won't happen, IMO.

And yes, a prediction is just that, a prediction, but they should seem somewhat realistic, IMO.

And a case study like Madison is a perfect example of how there is almost always something else going on besides instructional staff. I would venture a guess that most of the time, it is something like the administrative staff. What many people don't realize is the value and importance of a solid, cohesive, and well put together, well organized, and supportive administrative staff. Other factors could be not seeing a huge jump after two years, only the first year. Could be the media/recruiting side of things (that ultimately comes back to admin, somewhat in conjunction with instructional staff...but mainly admin). Could be something with the contracted members and the numbers that are able to move in on time, especially with more and more schools getting out late, not letting kids off for finals, etc etc...just some thoughts.

• Like 1

Prediction 12/11/16

I will probably be wrong, and I’ll make a few more predictions throughout the season, only doing rankings because it will be more fun to see how wrong I was.

1 - Blue Devils - They do not like losing enough said.

2 - Bluecoats - They will have a good show with good talent, will almost definitely medal.

3 - Cavaliers - They will have a strong show and medal (or get really close) or they will fall back where they were before.

4 - Carolina Crown - Too much staff uncertainty to place them any higher, it will be close, whether they medal or not will be decided by tenths.

5 - Santa Clara Vanguard - Their show in 2016 did not really grab me, I do not see any reason besides their anniversary that their placement will get better.

6 - Cadets - GH will put together a decent show but this will be a rebuilding year of both staff and marching talent.

7 - Blue Stars - They have the talent for an amazing show they just need to tighten up their design.

8 - Crossmen - I think they are on an upwards trajectory, I see no reason for them to go down.

9 - Blue Knights - Unless they get back the design from 2014/2015 I can’t see them going up.

10 - Phantom Regiment - Was not wowed by their show 2016, I feel they have lost the emotion and the ability to amaze that I’ve seen in years past.

11 - Boston Crusaders - Too much talented staff for them not to make finals, but too much uncertainty to put them in a higher placement

12 - Madison Scouts* - I think they get it together and put out a product easily worthy of a Saturday performance.

---------------

13 - The Academy* - I loved their show this year but I’m not sure what they will do next.

14 - Troopers*

15 - Colts*

*12-15 will be really close. I could see different people in those spots going into each night at LOS. Will definitely be a competitive season.

• Like 2

And a case study like Madison is a perfect example of how there is almost always something else going on besides instructional staff. I would venture a guess that most of the time, it is something like the administrative staff. What many people don't realize is the value and importance of a solid, cohesive, and well put together, well organized, and supportive administrative staff. Other factors could be not seeing a huge jump after two years, only the first year. Could be the media/recruiting side of things (that ultimately comes back to admin, somewhat in conjunction with instructional staff...but mainly admin). Could be something with the contracted members and the numbers that are able to move in on time, especially with more and more schools getting out late, not letting kids off for finals, etc etc...just some thoughts.

Good comments (and from tesmusic, too). Like college athletics, pro sports, small businesses, large corporations, governments, etc., it's just really hard to put together the total package that leads to genuine excellence. Hard to do it for just a short while. Really, really tough to do it consistently over the long-term. Should make us all appreciate what the Blue Devils organization does. I'm never all that excited or inspired by their shows, but here's to them on maintaining excellence year after year.

Edited by mjoakes

Prediction 12/11/16

I will probably be wrong, and I’ll make a few more predictions throughout the season, only doing rankings because it will be more fun to see how wrong I was.

1 - Blue Devils - They do not like losing enough said.

2 - Bluecoats - They will have a good show with good talent, will almost definitely medal.

3 - Cavaliers - They will have a strong show and medal (or get really close) or they will fall back where they were before.

1 - I know what you mean. But then the motivation for their first three-peat didn't pull them through in 2016.

2 - Maybe. After viewing the finals video, I am still delighted by their show overall but not as impressed with their execution.

3 - This is what's fun about reading the predictions: (i) Of course, it's a silly thing to try to predict based on such limited info right now (and also to try to argue with one another about such predictions); (ii) No matter the silliness, I am trying to apply a little critical thinking to your #1 and #2; and (iii) But then, who cares, I think you're absolutely right about #3 just because I like the Cavies and hope they grab a medal in August.