2017 PREDICTIONS!

Bold prediction before major programs start getting announced: Boston in the Top 5

I'd say they might gun for 6th or 7th but idk if their first year with this new staff is going to be such a huge leap, given that them making 12th this year was a coin toss. You can tease me for being wrong later if it comes to that, but I think part of what a corps needs is to be able to attract talented members as well as staff, and Boston needs to show some real results for that to happen. Personally, if I'm a marching member, I'm looking at BK which has been fielding really cool shows, Cadets or Crown if I'm looking at a corps which might surprise me with a high medal and a relatively easy contract. Realistically though, all the top talent is probably at BC or BD right now.

I'd say they might gun for 6th or 7th but idk if their first year with this new staff is going to be such a huge leap, given that them making 12th this year was a coin toss. You can tease me for being wrong later if it comes to that, but I think part of what a corps needs is to be able to attract talented members as well as staff, and Boston needs to show some real results for that to happen. Personally, if I'm a marching member, I'm looking at BK which has been fielding really cool shows, Cadets or Crown if I'm looking at a corps which might surprise me with a high medal and a relatively easy contract. Realistically though, all the top talent is probably at BC or BD right now.

Quote me on this come Summer. Talent will not be a problem. Guaranteed.

Quote me on this come Summer. Talent will not be a problem. Guaranteed.

I'll gladly quote you on that.

I don't see Boston getting higher than 9th in 2017. I'm sure talent will be up, and obviously the new additions to the instructional and design staff are a move in the right direction, but to say they're going to be top 5, when they barely made finals last year, and spent virtually all season not in the top 12 based on scores, I just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

I'll gladly quote you on that.

I don't see Boston getting higher than 9th in 2017. I'm sure talent will be up, and obviously the new additions to the instructional and design staff are a move in the right direction, but to say they're going to be top 5, when they barely made finals last year, and spent virtually all season not in the top 12 based on scores, I just don't see it happening.

His prediction is VERY ambitious....but it is just that a prediction...why do people have to run to immediately discount it?...I don't think anyone gets these predictions right except for maybe the prediction that Blue Devils getting no lower than 3rd in ANY year...other than that not easy to predict anything else IMO

I predict that Boston will at least make 12th place finals...anything higher than that will be gravy...

His prediction is VERY ambitious....but it is just that a prediction...why do people have to run to immediately discount it?

It's the nature of a prediction. If you get outside the realm of a believable prediction people jump to correct you.

If I go to an NFL forum and predict the Browns making the playoffs, many people will join in to tell me how that would never happen.

It's the nature of a prediction. If you get outside the realm of a believable prediction people jump to correct you.

If I go to an NFL forum and predict the Browns making the playoffs, many people will join in to tell me how that would never happen.

I guess you are right...it just seems that every year Boston has the deck stacked against them from the regular prognosticators...

His prediction is VERY ambitious....but it is just that a prediction...why do people have to run to immediately discount it?...I don't think anyone gets these predictions right except for maybe the prediction that Blue Devils getting no lower than 3rd in ANY year...other than that not easy to predict anything else IMO

I predict that Boston will at least make 12th place finals...anything higher than that will be gravy...

Same reason these forums exists, people post, people respond. Like I said in my post, I see them improving, but not leaping over that many corps, including Madison (who beat them most of the seaon), as well as corps like the Troopers, who were in the same scoring bracket.

And as I addressed in my post that you found so offensive, it is true that their design and instructional team seems to be much improved, but that doesn't guarantee that they will just rocket up.

Sure they'll get some members from Cadets and Crown, but it doesn't appear there was a mass exodus of vets that went to BAC which will improve, but none of this guarantees immediate success, or really long term success at all. It's a hope, but not a guarantee.

I'll give you Madison for example. After the 2009 season Jim Mason comes in, along with Jim Prime, Jon Vanderkloff, Jim Moore, Donnie Van Doren, etc. and the corps improved back to finals, but over the next few years they fluctuated in the 9-11 ranks due to many factors including show design, but it didn't guarantee anything that many of us had hoped for. The reason I bring them up, they were part of Star of Indiana's team, as well as Blast! and countless other top-notch programs, including DCI championships and other accolades, and 2015 virtuall of those individuals had moved on and were replaced, and Madison went to 8th. They were people that took corps to the top, came together in a different organization, hovering around the same spot competitively and couldn't fulfill the hope that many had.

I'm not saying they're not going to improve-never did say that-but to jump from barely making finals to top 5 just won't happen, IMO.

And yes, a prediction is just that, a prediction, but they should seem somewhat realistic, IMO.

For the record, I wasn't trying to correct anyone, simply making comments based on my thoughts on the subject.

As for your Browns example, it simply doesn't work. They're too far out of the wild card race. Had you made the comment about 8 weeks ago, it would make sense with your point, but it is impossible for the Browns to make the playoffs.

Whereas it is in the realm of possibility for BAC to jump that high, it's highly unrealisitic, but in the scenarios that play out in DCI, it is not impossible, as it would be for the Browns to make the playoffs with a 0-12 record.

Same reason these forums exists, people post, people respond. Like I said in my post, I see them improving, but not leaping over that many corps, including Madison (who beat them most of the seaon), as well as corps like the Troopers, who were in the same scoring bracket.

And as I addressed in my post that you found so offensive, it is true that their design and instructional team seems to be much improved, but that doesn't guarantee that they will just rocket up.

Sure they'll get some members from Cadets and Crown, but it doesn't appear there was a mass exodus of vets that went to BAC which will improve, but none of this guarantees immediate success, or really long term success at all. It's a hope, but not a guarantee.

I'll give you Madison for example. After the 2009 season Jim Mason comes in, along with Jim Prime, Jon Vanderkloff, Jim Moore, Donnie Van Doren, etc. and the corps improved back to finals, but over the next few years they fluctuated in the 9-11 ranks due to many factors including show design, but it didn't guarantee anything that many of us had hoped for. The reason I bring them up, they were part of Star of Indiana's team, as well as Blast! and countless other top-notch programs, including DCI championships and other accolades, and 2015 virtuall of those individuals had moved on and were replaced, and Madison went to 8th. They were people that took corps to the top, came together in a different organization, hovering around the same spot competitively and couldn't fulfill the hope that many had.

I'm not saying they're not going to improve-never did say that-but to jump from barely making finals to top 5 just won't happen, IMO.

And yes, a prediction is just that, a prediction, but they should seem somewhat realistic, IMO.

I am not complaining about your specific prediction...it is every bit as valid as everyone else's prediction...honestly your prediction IMO is being generous but sound...it was more of a cumulative effect that I was referring...not your specific post.