2017 PREDICTIONS!

Prediction 12/11/16[/size]

I will probably be wrong, and I’ll make a few more predictions throughout the season, only doing rankings because it will be more fun to see how wrong I was.[/size]

1 - Blue Devils - They do not like losing enough said.[/size]

2 - Bluecoats - They will have a good show with good talent, will almost definitely medal.[/size]

3 - Cavaliers - They will have a strong show and medal (or get really close) or they will fall back where they were before.[/size]

4 - Carolina Crown - Too much staff uncertainty to place them any higher, it will be close, whether they medal or not will be decided by tenths.[/size]

5 - Santa Clara Vanguard - Their show in 2016 did not really grab me, I do not see any reason besides their anniversary that their placement will get better.[/size]

6 - Cadets - GH will put together a decent show but this will be a rebuilding year of both staff and marching talent.[/size]

7 - Blue Stars - They have the talent for an amazing show they just need to tighten up their design.[/size]

8 - Crossmen - I think they are on an upwards trajectory, I see no reason for them to go down.[/size]

9 - Blue Knights - Unless they get back the design from 2014/2015 I can’t see them going up.[/size]

10 - Phantom Regiment - Was not wowed by their show 2016, I feel they have lost the emotion and the ability to amaze that I’ve seen in years past.[/size]

11 - Boston Crusaders - Too much talented staff for them not to make finals, but too much uncertainty to put them in a higher placement[/size]

12 - Madison Scouts* - I think they get it together and put out a product easily worthy of a Saturday performance.[/size]

---------------[/size]

13 - The Academy* - I loved their show this year but I’m not sure what they will do next.[/size]

14 - Troopers*[/size]

15 - Colts*[/size]

*12-15 will be really close. I could see different people in those spots going into each night at LOS. Will definitely be a competitive season.[/size]

You have some good points here, though I don't know if I would put Boston Crusaders at 11th. Though I am a die hard BAC fan and would love to see them in the top three, if not first, realistically I place then 6-8 range. They have staff that needs to learn to work together, but this staff will attract talent and any returning vets will have the experience of making finals against the odds and that accounts for something.

Regarding Crossmen. The kids in Crossmen appeared to me to be very young and I was told it was a younger corps this year. It has also been suggested Crossmen have issues regarding retaining veterans. A higher placement last year combined with returning vets could be a sign of better placement, but a key would be retaining vets.

After last year's surprise of Academy making finals (Academy was not predicted by many to be finalists until San Antonio), I'm a bit reluctant to have them fall from finals, though I would agree breaking into finals does not mean a repeat performance, as Seattle Cascades knows, but then again Boston Crusaders first made finals in 1999 and they've been back 18 times.

Madison has rebounded when they have not made finals, and I hope to see that happen, however everyone has a different opinion, some of which are contradictory, of what Madison needs to do: better design, more original ideas, less behind the scenes tensions, new staff needed, new leadership, less input from board, take opinion of board more seriously, and probably many other reasons. As long as the folks at Madison know the actual problems and work to solve them, 2017 should be a better year.

but this staff will attract talent and any returning vets will have the experience of making finals against the odds and that accounts for something.

Retaining vets is important, but some returning vets were not offered contracts by Boston. With a young corps last year, many of their returning vets might still be young in age and experience compared to older DCI vets trying out.

You have some good points here, though I don't know if I would put Boston Crusaders at 11th. Though I am a die hard BAC fan and would love to see them in the top three, if not first, realistically I place then 6-8 range. They have staff that needs to learn to work together, but this staff will attract talent and any returning vets will have the experience of making finals against the odds and that accounts for something.

After last year's surprise of Academy making finals (Academy was not predicted by many to be finalists until San Antonio), I'm a bit reluctant to have them fall from finals, though I would agree breaking into finals does not mean a repeat performance, as Seattle Cascades knows, but then again Boston Crusaders first made finals in 1999 and they've been back 18 times.

My BAC prediction was more of a result of uncertainty, and I could definitely see them doing better than I predicted. I left Academy out of finals because it looks like they will have some tough competition.

SCV - IMO - is in for a medal year

Coats - hard to see them dropping out of Top 3 - but 4th is certainly possible. They are just on a design roll

BD is virtually a lock for a medal

IMO that is your likely top 3 in some order

I'd slide Crown/Cadets in there behind the medalists - then the Cavaliers/Regiment in 6th/7th -- for all four of these corps show design will decide a lot

I'd say Crossmen/Blue Knights/Boston in the next cluster (8-10) - Crosmen should have a more veteran corps, Boston the talent in teaching/membership

Gets tough at 11/12 as it always does. One of those spots maybe goes to BS - but I have some doubts for some reason

Troopers/Madison will be looking to take Academy's spot back. They'll be about 5-7 corps fighting for the last 2 finalist spots - each with a realistic shot on paper

Geez - could give one a headache trying to figure it out in December

Bottomline is - none of us know

• Like 1