2017 PREDICTIONS!

19 minutes ago, corpsband said:

actually you did imply that.  at the end of your long-winded post you said: 

so you're imagining that somehow your reply was a riposte to my argument.

all this entire episode proves is that it's a complete waste of time replying to you because you have no idea what anyone is actually writing here;  you're simply answering the little voices in your head. 

i claim Bluecoats got a pass on dirt.  you say "no" but then launch into a meaningless diatribe about how poor design cannot be overcome by amazing execution.  it's a complete non sequitur and quickly returns you the "best left unread" file.  

it's not even a pissing contest.  if it were , there would be some sort of rational exchange.  but this is literally pissing into a vacuum -- there's not really anyone there on the other side!  

But you continually jump on any Brasso entry and it seems only to pick a fight?  Why is that? 

23 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

But you continually jump on any Brasso entry and it seems only to pick a fight?  Why is that? 

not true at all.  in fact even in this thread,  i did not "pick a fight".  i replied to Lance.  he jumped in.  again i ignored him and replied to Jurassic.  it was only when he continued to reply to posts I made to others that i broke down and replied.

and even then,  through out the entire exchange.  he went "off point" and i tried to civilly return him on point.  he did not actually reply to any of my messages but simply continued to argue that "execution cannot win over design",  a point that no one had made in this thread.  

i point this out,  repeat what the actual debate was about,  and again he ignores my entire message.

finally,  when pinned down to admitting no one had made the point,  i say he's non-responsive and does not reply to me, and he cries that he is all hurt and offended.  

anyone reading this thread can see he's simply non-responsive.  

and yet you say *I* jumped on him.?

lol it's an interesting spin on events.  

stupid facts. always getting in the way.

Edited by corpsband

28 minutes ago, corpsband said:

if you never press reply to another one of my posts, the world will be a better place.

so do the right thing and keep talking with yourself.  

" Talking with yourself " ?  Are you kidding ?  Lest we all forget, you were the one that last week started a DCP thread... no one responded to the thread... so you began " talking with yourself " on there Corpsband... lol!  One post after another by you on YOUR thread that YOU initiated but you wound up, " talking to yourself " on it... haha! I finally replied there on your insidious thread that " I was not going to take your bait" and suggested others do not either. Nobody participated in that quite insulting  thread of yours, Corpsband. NOBODY.  Finally, without any prompts from anyone here on DCP, the mods stepped in and concluded your insulting, non humorous thread should be deleted. And so the DCP mods ended your " talking to yourself" thread there.. haha!!. I said I would not respond to your bait and insults on this thread too as well,, but since you just decided to bring up a " keep talking with yourself " insult to me now, I could not resist the temptation to reply and to put this all in proper perspective for everyone on this " keep talking to yourself " personal insult of yours, Corpsband... haha!!

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

again you're trying to dispute points no one has made.

where did i write that inferior design can be overcome by superior performance?  nowhere of course.  you're merely arguing with your imagination (as is always the case) "proving points" that no one has disputed.   

i will repeat it again:  design is merely a necessary pre-condition.  it is not a sufficient cause.

no one wins simply because the design is amazing.  the performers must bring the design to life.

I'd say 2016 Crown had a superior performance that overcame some design shortfalls - JMO

I'd also say 2013 Crown was pretty dirty

I'd also say - yes - in the perfect world a "great design" meets "great performance" and you have a champion like BD 2014

However you also have shows where "great design" meets "solid performance" where you have a champion - ala Cadets 2011, Crown 2013 & Coats 2016

The reverse is getting hard - which is the point I believe you're making - "flawed design" plus "great performance" rarely yields a champion. Only in years where all the top corps have some weaknesses

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, corpsband said:

not true at all.  in fact even in this thread,  i did not "pick a fight".  i replied to Lance.  he jumped in.  again i ignored him and replied to Jurassic.  it was only when he continued to reply to posts I made to others that i broke down and replied.

and even then,  through out the entire exchange.  he went "off point" and i tried to civilly return him on point.  he did not actually reply to any of my messages but simply continued to argue that "execution cannot win over design",  a point that no one had made in this thread.  

i point this out,  repeat what the actual debate was about,  and again he ignores my entire message.

finally,  when pinned down to admitting no one had made the point,  i say he's non-responsive and does not reply to me, and he cries that he is all hurt and offended.  

anyone reading this thread can see he's simply non-responsive.  

and yet you say *I* jumped on him.?

lol it's an interesting spin on events.  

stupid facts. always getting in the way.

Oh, OK.  You haven't picked a fight, you never reply in an incendiary way.  If you say so.   Your comments or responses often read that way though, imo.  And your explanation comes across in a manner of "you doth protest too much".

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

I'd say 2016 Crown had a superior performance that overcame some design shortfalls - JMO

I'd also say 2013 Crown was pretty dirty

I'd also say - yes - in the perfect world a "great design" meets "great performance" and you have a champion like BD 2015

However you also have shows where "great design" meets "solid performance" where you have a champion - ala Cadets 2001, Crown 2013 & Coats 2016

The reverse is getting hard - which is the point I believe you're making - "flawed design" plus "great performance" rarely yields a champion. Only in years where all the top corps have some weaknesses

there may be one or more "championship quality" designs in a season.  i think (in general) that what separates those designs at the end is the performer executing the design.  i don't think anyone has ever marched a clean show.

as for who was and was not "dirty",  ill pass on debating specific cases with you :biggrin:  i'll just say that up down up in the toaster is far easier to clean than strange plane over your back with multiple hand position switches.    IOW the "what" matters when assessing "dirt".  there's always a struggle between "writing hard" and "achievability".  i've alway been willing to overlook a small individual error in the name of an amazing bit of vocabulary.  otoh if the ensemble all exhibit the error....

and i realize some folks are just the opposite.  i've always considered that more of a philosophical debate more than who's  right/wrong. i've certainly heard both point-of-view on tapes!

44 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Oh, OK.  You haven't picked a fight, you never reply in an incendiary way.  If you say so.   Your comments or responses often read that way though, imo.  And your explanation comes across in a manner of "you doth protest too much".

oh don't put words in my mouth. i certainly have. picked fights.   but in this particular case (and in the recent past) you're way off-base.   

and remember that the reader often puts a spin on words in a message to arrive at a "tone".  you automatically defend Brasso so of course you see my posts as attacking him.  just as you can't see that he "jumped in" not me.  anyway it  is a fruitless debate.

i proposed he simply never reply to my posts.   i've already been attempting the same for several weeks.    his response to my proposal:  dragging up some off-topic parody post.  so yeah -- that about sums it up.

Edited by corpsband

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Wow, this is getting more heated than a Madison Scouts thread in the middle of July! :laugh:

Now this is a funny quip, imo, you naughty boy, you... (haha!)

I predict face paint on brass/ percussion marchers in at least 2 Corps this summer.

But I could just as easily be all wrong on this too.