2017 PREDICTIONS!

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

will she be partial to the Cavaliers?

Who knows. She's been around the block once or twice...,, and around Mars and the other Planets a few times too it would appear.

Edited by BRASSO

32 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I think I might finally bite.

1. Blue Devils - I just think they are always good enough to win.

2. Bluecoats - They will prove to a lot of doubters that coming off a win they won't drop to 5th.

3. Carolina Crown - They will be undeniable on the brass front to drop further.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - I really want these guys to medal, but until they blow me away I don't think it's possible to catch those above them. The show seems meh to me and their brass/color guard has me thinking missing a medal by .25.

5. The Cavaliers - Seem to be rolling right off of 2016, and I think they are about .5 behind SCV.

6. The Cadets - They are back. They score a 93+ and are within .5 of the Cavaliers.

7. Phantom Regiment - I think this placement is flexible depending on how good the Blue Knights are. I'm more excited for this show than BK's.

8. Blue Knights - I think that they are always fighting with PR on placement, and in the last grouping above 90.

9. Boston Crusaders - Even I can't deny that there are exciting things starting from all the staff changes and new level of membership.

10. Blue Stars - I want them to be better, but I can't really get behind a Romeo and Juliet cliche show. (I'm begging for you to change my mind.)

11. Crossmen - They have been a consistent finalist now. But I think this show is way to vague to go higher.

12. Madison Scouts - These guys are getting the benefit of my doubt. I can't see them missing finals twice.

Now to reason why these corps finished outside of finals.

13. The Academy - I loved them last season, my favorite show. I really want them back in but I think they follow the Crossmen finalist plan. In last year, out this year and then become a consistant finalist starting in 2018. (Prove me wrong and knock somebody out, I will be on my feet all of Finals if you are there.)

14. Troopers - Yet again, great performance that is outside of finalist contention,

15. Colts - Even though they top BDB not enthused about another show about both sides.

16. Mandarins - I hope these kids are entertaining again. Have been the past 2 seasons.

17. Blue Devils B - I think that they are great again but it's hard to top 15th last season.

You have great logic, and I think you are really close to what will actually happen.  

I would move SCV above Crown.  Brass line only does so much.  Just like Cadets Percussion will only do so much for them.

Also, I think 4-8th will be very tightly bunched.

I am going with

4.  Cavaliers

5. Crown

6. Cadets

7. Boston

8. Phantom

9. Blue Knights

6 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

You have great logic, and I think you are really close to what will actually happen.  

I would move SCV above Crown.  Brass line only does so much.  Just like Cadets Percussion will only do so much for them.

Also, I think 4-8th will be very tightly bunched.

I am going with

4.  Cavaliers

5. Crown

6. Cadets

7. Boston

8. Phantom

9. Blue Knights

I like your placements in the bunch but I'm not sure that Boston can get all the way to 7th in the first season. 2018 I see them contending top 6.

9 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Based on preseason hype, 9 corps will finish in the top three!

As well they should!  

9 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Based on preseason hype, 9 corps will finish in the top three!

Thats only a mere math issue... ( haha)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littlejaw said:

I like your placements in the bunch but I'm not sure that Boston can get all the way to 7th in the first season. 2018 I see them contending top 6.

In their first season?  They have been as high as fifth in the past and have been in the top 12 for the past 18 seasons.  This is a seasoned group.

• Like 1