2017 PREDICTIONS!

4 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

This is literally the prediction thread. That's the entire point.

I understand that 100%, however saying that there's "no way the cadets will be top 6" is kinda a rude way to say it. I have no problem with people putting them low in their predictions, but you don't have to word it like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I understand that 100%, however saying that there's "no way the cadets will be top 6" is kinda a rude way to say it. I have no problem with people putting them low in their predictions, but you don't have to word it like that.

Everyone is just dumping on the Cadets because of 2016 and the staff members they've lost

it's understandable (the lack of confidence in them right now)

let's see how the summer plays out - a little success can change everything!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Everyone is just dumping on the Cadets because of 2016 and the staff members they've lost

it's understandable (the lack of confidence in them right now)

let's see how the summer plays out - a little success can change everything!

I do not think Cadets place lower than 6th. Hop even admitted to trying something new in show design that just did not work. I am certain they will come out very strong Thursday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjoakes said:

l, some people here take seriously their ability to predict DCI placements - sometimes captions placements - before any shows are performed in competition.

It's predictions - guesses, wish lists, and sometimes, some judgmental making sense of information at our disposal. It should be all in good fun.

I don't know.. my sense is that most DCP'ers do their annual placement predictions " in fun ", and DON'T take their placement predictions overly seriously. My sense, if anything, DCP'ers that don't like a poster or posters placement predictions  take it way more seriously than the poster that made the placement prediction... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know.. my sense is that most DCP'ers do their annual placement predictions " in fun ", and DON'T take their placement predictions overly seriously. My sense, if anything, DCP'ers that don't like a poster or posters placement predictions  take it way more seriously than the poster that made the placement prediction... haha!

and let's face it - the real fun is how way off we are some (most?) years

then we can chat about that topic for at least six months...

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

and let's face it - the real fun is how way off we are some (most?) years

then we can chat about that topic for at least six months...

Actually, we tend to quickly move on  to next season's predictions then, imo George... haha

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Actually, we tend to quickly move on  to next season's predictions then, imo George... haha

true - then in April/May we start "nicely reminding" folks how "off" they were the year before. Hey, just trying to be helpful and kind of course!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

true - then in April/May we start "nicely reminding" folks how "off" they were the year before. Hey, just trying to be helpful and kind of course!

Yup..lol

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Wasn't someone promising to keep track of the predictions? Way back in Feb or March?

If there are several dozen lists, as it seems like there are, someone is likely to hit the top 12 spot on. That won't mean they understood exactly how the performances were going to shake out. Just that with enough iterations of a list of 12, someone has to match up with Saturday night in August.

Or maybe someone really is Vulcan-like and can accurately assess all the the info available now in relative terms.