2017 PREDICTIONS!

59 minutes ago, ConJam said:

I really agree with this, I feel that the West coast is stronger than last year.

I think SCV is stronger than last year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpaul said:

I think SCV is stronger than last year.

Well in the west, I'll say BD, SCV and Mandarins are definitely stronger than last year 

Edited by ConJam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

How has Bluecoats surprised with their percussion?  they were 2nd last year, not much of a surprise to see them being one of the top units again this year

You're right, my brain had a momentary lapse.

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

While I respect your former judge friends, I will disagree with them that SCV will not medal this season. I predict a medal for SCV this season. It'll be interesting to look back at this after Finals to see if your former judge friends got this right.... or little ol' me.. ( lol!)

I did not say that's the way they would finish, I did say, at the moment this is what it looks like after talking with them and my own observation and thoughts.  I also said, the medalists would probably come from the top 4, which includes the Vanguard.

40 minutes ago, ConJam said:

Well in the west, I'll say BD, SCV and Mandarins are definitely stronger than last year 

I'm not sure BD is stronger than last year. How can they be? They were nearly there last year. I think for BD you can say they are always strong. I have no doubt they will be fighting for the title at the end, with SCV (I hope).

4 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

I did not say that's the way they would finish, I did say, at the moment this is what it looks like after talking with them and my own observation and thoughts.  I also said, the medalists would probably come from the top 4, which includes the Vanguard.

Oh.. ok. When i saw you then rank the 1-4 however, thats what prompted me on the " 4th " place you were predicting there for SCV.

• Like 1

SCV has only seen BD. Let's see when they meet Crown and Bloo how locked they are in medal contention. Not saying they're not, but what if they are doing well against a less than powerhouse BD, then the projections may not be accurate. Again, not saying they're not fabulous, but until regionals, hard to tell and then we have the late surgers so it becomes early vs late regional results. 

7 minutes ago, Tobias said:

SCV has only seen BD. Let's see when they meet Crown and Bloo how locked they are in medal contention. Not saying they're not, but what if they are doing well against a less than powerhouse BD, then the projections may not be accurate. Again, not saying they're not fabulous, but until regionals, hard to tell and then we have the late surgers so it becomes early vs late regional results. 

I saw both at Stanford, and I can assure you BD this year is not a less than powerhouse BD. They will be right there are the end. SCV is awesome. I can't recall the last time I have heard a brassline this good out of them - 1999 maybe (if not earlier). They are that good.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'm not sure BD is stronger than last year. How can they be? They were nearly there last year. I think for BD you can say they are always strong. I have no doubt they will be fighting for the title at the end, with SCV (I hope).

Brass and visual wise I think they are stronger 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I saw both at Stanford, and I can assure you BD this year is not a less than powerhouse BD. They will be right there are the end. SCV is awesome. I can't recall the last time I have heard a brassline this good out of them - 1999 maybe (if not earlier). They are that good.

Ok I haven't seen them so I take your word for it. Again in August we'll have a handful of corps performing at very high levels of demand and proficiency. As always, that amazing brass or percussion is nice, but it will be the "design of the day" where the score gaps creating the top 3 will materialize. Honestly, it's really early for me to do anything but like or not like a show. Picking those special 3 shows is above my pay grade.