2017 PREDICTIONS!

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Not picking on you as others have said the same, but nothing is locked in in regards to where BD/SCV fall right now. They haven't competed against the Midwest and east corps yet and we have zero common opponents. I also doubt anyone has seen BD/SCV in person along with seeing the other corps in person

we are flying blind 

Very true. But this Friday/Saturday things start getting real with SCV/BC going head to head. And a week from Saturday BD/BC go at it in Denver. Can't wait!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Not picking on you as others have said the same, but nothing is locked in in regards to where BD/SCV fall right now. They haven't competed against the Midwest and east corps yet and we have zero common opponents. I also doubt anyone has seen BD/SCV in person along with seeing the other corps in person

we are flying blind 

Sort of true. I think it would be naive for anyone to assume BD isn't top 3, if not #1. The last time they placed outside of the top 2 at finals was 2006. That's pretty remarkable. I think I can absolutely say, with 100% certainty, that the only corps that is possibly ahead of these two, at this stage, is Bluecoats.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Sort of true. I think it would be naive for anyone to assume BD isn't top 3, if not #1. The last time they placed outside of the top 2 at finals was 2006. That's pretty remarkable. I think I can absolutely say, with 100% certainty, that the only corps that is possibly ahead of these two, at this stage, is Bluecoats.

Until these corps are head-to-head we really don't know. BD continues to win over SCV. Crown doing the same against Cadets. Bluecoats continue to win over Cavaliers. Closing gaps on a corps is one thing, beating that corps who beat you the season before is quite another. To date nothing has changed with last season top 6. And Boston just might play the spoiler in that current group of six. Right now there is allot of fake hype but no shake ups. San Antonio should sort this out if there's any sorting at all.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Until these corps are head-to-head we really don't know. BD continues to win over SCV. Crown doing the same against Cadets. Bluecoats continue to win over Cavaliers. Closing gaps on a corps is one thing, beating that corps who beat you the season before is quite another. To date nothing has changed with last season top 6. And Boston just might play the spoiler in that current group six. San Antonio should sort this out if there's any sorting at all.

It's July 3. Trends will start to become more apparent... I always say by mid July you start to see very concrete groupings but it's still a bit early. Some corps have only had 3 shows.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

It's July 3. Trends will start to become more apparent... I always say by mid July you start to see very concrete groupings but it's still a bit early. Some corps have only had 3 shows.

Not sure I agree with this.  I don't think anything is set until everyone has full panels and tours start to blend and mix. 

15 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Not sure I agree with this.  I don't think anything is set until everyone has full panels and tours start to blend and mix. 

That's why I said mid July. By then most corps have experienced full panel evaluations.

• Like 1

East Coast Rankings as of now:

1. Bloo

2. Crown

3. Cavies

4. Cadets 

5. BAC     

6. Crossmen

7. Blue Stars

8. Madison Scouts

9. Troopers

10. Colts

11. Spirit of Atlanta

West Coast Rankings as of now:

1. BD

2. SCV

3. PR

4. BK

5. Mandarins

6. Academy

7. Pacific Crest

How I think they fit together:

1. BD

2. Bloo

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. Cavies

6. Cadets

7. BAC

8. PR

9. BK

10. Crossmen 

11. Blue Stars

12. Madison

13. Mandarins

14. Troopers

15. Colts

16. Academy

17. SOA

18. Pacific Crest

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 7:36 PM, ConJam said:

Score inflation seems to be a big factor this season 

Not really.

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Until these corps are head-to-head we really don't know. BD continues to win over SCV. Crown doing the same against Cadets. Bluecoats continue to win over Cavaliers. Closing gaps on a corps is one thing, beating that corps who beat you the season before is quite another. To date nothing has changed with last season top 6. And Boston just might play the spoiler in that current group of six. Right now there is allot of fake hype but no shake ups. San Antonio should sort this out if there's any sorting at all.

True. But no one would convince me that BD isn't right now, and won't be come finals, top 3. They are just too good.

• Like 2