Crown 5th

Cadets 6th

Boston 7th

Blue Knights 8th

Blue Stars 9th

Madison 10th

Mandarins 11th

Pacific Crest 12th

Man... after their great start Crossmen just quit practicing.

• Like 4

Just now, ConJam said:

Man... after their great start Crossmen just quit practicing.

Oops!

So sorry. how could I forget Crossmen?

Place Crossmen ABOVE Blue Stars!

Thanks for calling out my error.

18 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I'll go on record now . . .

Santa Clara Vanguard for the GOLD!

Bluecoats SILVER

Blue Devils BRONZE

Cavaliers 4th

Crown 5th

Cadets 6th

Boston 7th

Blue Knights 8th

Crossmen 9th 

Blue Stars 10th

Madison 11th

Mandarins 12th

Pacific Crest 13th

( Revised )

Did the corps from Rockford, IL fold?

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 2:33 PM, emc2 said:

No put them in 12 or 11.  It would be great for the kids.

I would say 13/14. After watching last night, there's one easy explanation for their success - JW Kostner. I had no idea he was their director. That man works wonders.

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I think SCV has THE best show of the season. They may win it all.

I would love that. SCV just needs to medal. 4th or 5th the past couple of seasons, it's time.

• Like 2

Medalists - going to come from Bluecoats, Blue Devils, Crown or Vanguard.  Bluecoats have the upper hand out of the gate, especially GE and if their guard and percussion keep up their end, it might be two in a row.  BD has the horn line to win it all, but the percussion is not at its normal level and I don't think they have the GE to match Coats.  Crowns percussion might actually keep them in the top three and their Brass is superb, but again do they have the GE to beat Bluecoats?  Santa Clara might just have it all, but can it get clean enough and boost its GE enough to take it all?

Darkhorses - Cadets, Cavies.  These two might stage the all time battle of all battles to get into the medalist places.  Cavies are working hard to get back to their swagger when the were perennials in the top 3 and Cadets either shook up their staff or had staff who said that's enough and went to other places (dependent on who you believe), to have fresh blood and a renewed vision to get back to being a medalist - both corps are former throne sitters and want back badly.  One or both could get back in as we might see the most hotly contested and closest scoring ever in the top 6.

Wanting to break into the top 6 - Blue Knights, Boston Crusaders, Phantom Regiment, Blue Stars.  Phantom is the only former King in this group, at least in the DCI Championship years.  Blue Knights have worked hard and have put shows out there, that have been out there.  It's a corps that everyone likes but no one seems to take really seriously.  They remind me of the Glassmen, who took off on a run of 4th-6th places in the 90s.  Boston has been around and has hit the number 6 spot, but has mostly dabbled in the 9-12 area in the past few years.  They seem to have a new drive (and corresponding $$ and new staff) to push them there.  We'll see if and who might there or whether they spend time in the 7-9 pergatory again.  

11-14 - Scouts, Crossmen, The Academy, Troopers, Mandarins, Blue Devils B, Colts.   It will be the annual battle to see who stays on the DCI board and gets to perform on the prime time night or who watches from the sidelines, saying "we'll get back in next year.