2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Meh I'm no judge. I don't fully understand the sheets, but I try to as well as I can. 

I have no idea where Crown should be in the totem pole, but I'm certainly not stupid enough to confound my (admittedly deep) dislike for this show with the fact that they should be scoring what they're scoring. 

If the judges believe Crown deserves a 79.2, I believe them. 

This is definitely not my favorite Crown show of the past decade.  They're popping that kind of number because they're flat out outperforming everyone else.  Will that sustain them until August?  I couldn't say.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is definitely not my favorite Crown show of the past decade.  They're popping that kind of number because they're flat out outperforming everyone else.  Will that sustain them until August?  I couldn't say.  

This. 

• Like 2

I think at least one from last year's top 3 drop out. Maybe too early to tell who it will be. SCV certainly is making the push to be the new one into top 3 AT THIS JUNCTURE. 

Lets see where we are in two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I think at least one from last year's top 3 drop out. Maybe too early to tell who it will be. SCV certainly is making the push to be the new one into top 3 AT THIS JUNCTURE. 

Lets see where we are in two weeks. 

My pick is Crown. From what I've learned these past 3 years is that BD and Bluecoats are notorious for making there strides in finals week where Crown is very inconsistent in finals week. But who knows, this year maybe different.

Edited by ConJam

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I also think themes are over-rated. Why must we understand them? How can we understand any of them?

I 100% agree with this.  I personally couldn't care less what the theme of a show is. I either like what I'm seeing and hearing, or I don't. It's that simple.

• Like 5

Not really a prediction, but if you're not watching Open Class you're really missing out on some fantastic straight up drum corps.  I predict they're going to do QUITE well at championships again this year, and I'm not just talking BDB and SCVC.  Corps like Legends, Spartans, all the way down to River City Rhythm and Shadow are super entertaining and way better than they were as recently as three or so years ago.  So excited they're broadcasting OC championships this year.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Does this imply that Crown's content and achievement is any less than any of the other top 4?  From what I can see, they have just as much content if not more than Bloo, SCV, or BD musically and visually.  Its one thing to not like the show, but it is not appropriate to assert claims as to why they score well.

4 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Does this imply that Crown's content and achievement is any less than any of the other top 4?  From what I can see, they have just as much content if not more than Bloo, SCV, or BD musically and visually.  Its one thing to not like the show, but it is not appropriate to assert claims as to why they score well.

Where did I say it didn't have content?  It is possible that some shows are just more well received by the judging community.  That's why someone wins and someone comes in second.   

We'll see how it all washes out in San Antonio.  My opinion doesn't matter anyway.  

Edited by Terri Schehr