2017 PREDICTIONS!

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

That's why I said mid July. By then most corps have experienced full panel evaluations.

Well you also said on July 3 they start to become apparent.  I agree about mid July.  But for now nothing is apparent.  Not even so much small panels being the misleading score differentials.  Separations in scores are significant variables.  IMO the deciding factors (with full panels) is the "blending" of tours.  That is starting this week as the western tours start heading east. 

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

That's why I said mid July. By then most corps have experienced full panel evaluations.

Well you also said on July 3 they start to become apparent.  I agree about mid July.  But for now nothing is apparent.  Not even so much small panels being the misleading score differentials.  Separations in scores are significant variables.  IMO the deciding factors (with full panels) is the "blending" of tours.  That is starting this week as the western tours start heading east. 

9 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Switch Cavaliers and Cadets and you and I are in sync.

:inlove: me some Cadets  this season!!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BoaDci said:

East Coast Rankings as of now:

1. Bloo

2. Crown

3. Cavies

4. Cadets 

5. BAC     

6. Crossmen

7. Blue Stars

8. Madison Scouts

9. Troopers

10. Colts

11. Spirit of Atlanta

West Coast Rankings as of now:

1. BD

2. SCV

3. PR

4. BK

5. Mandarins

6. Academy

7. Pacific Crest

How I think they fit together:

1. BD

2. Bloo

3. SCV

4. Crown  

5. Cavies

6. Cadets

7. BAC

8. PR

9. BK

10. Crossmen 

11. Blue Stars

12. Madison

13. Mandarins

14. Troopers

15. Colts

16. Academy

17. SOA

18. Pacific Crest

I like your top 12 rankings, but I would switch a couple groups up. I think SCV and Crown are the two that might be flexible, however SCV seems to be riding a good size wave.  We'll see how long it lasts.

I've seen Phantom two times and was upset both times by their high brass.  There were definitely a few crunches throughout the show that shouldn't be happening at that level.  BK's product is memorizing, and I would put them above PR in almost every caption.

I'm much more interested in 12-16 more than ever.  I will am skeptical of Mandarins in 13th over Troopers, Colts, and Academy.  The product they (Mandarins) have, I just don't think is up to par, even though they have a great memorable moment with their ballad!

Academy I think is a bit of a let down after such an amazing show last year.

As far as Colts, I've now heard a bit more about their product and I'm excited to see them on flomarching for the first time tonight.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 13th, but that might be a bit premature for me to say.

I would love to see Troopers tonight on the stream, but that obviously isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

And Coats just popped a 78 July 3

wow 

Bloo has lost absolutely no momentum from 2016 as many predicted (myself included). They are another monster corps. Congrats to them! 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 9:10 PM, BoaDci said:

East Coast Rankings as of now:

1. Bloo

2. Crown

3. Cavies

4. Cadets 

5. BAC     

6. Crossmen

7. Blue Stars

8. Madison Scouts

9. Troopers

10. Colts

11. Spirit of Atlanta

West Coast Rankings as of now:

1. BD

2. SCV

3. PR

4. BK

5. Mandarins

6. Academy

7. Pacific Crest

How I think they fit together:

1. BD

2. Bloo

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. Cavies

6. Cadets

7. BAC

8. PR

9. BK

10. Crossmen 

11. Blue Stars

12. Madison

13. Mandarins

14. Troopers

15. Colts

16. Academy

17. SOA

18. Pacific Crest

I think it's probably fitting together this way (after talking with my judge friends who have either judged at least one set, talked with other judges or seen video on U tube, along with my own seeing the end of camp things on Flo, the movie theater production opening show in Indy, U tube videos) at the moment.

1.  Bluecoats

2.  Blue Devils

3.  Crown

4.  Vanguard

5.  Cavies

6.  Cadets

7.  Phantom Regiment

8.  Boston

9.  Blue Knights

10.  Crossmen

11.  Blue Stars

12.  Madison

13.  Mandarins

14.  Troopers

15.  Colts

16.  Academy

17.  Spirit

18.  Pacific Crest

I do think there are a lot of possibilities that could happen, but based on what I see and think is -

the top 4 will pretty much provide us with the medalists, that it will be close all year just as last year.  Crown and Coats have surprised everyone with their percussion this year, BD and Cadets seem to have real quality in their guards.  Cadets or Cavies could surprise everyone and move into the Bronze medals , but they have a lot of corps to climb over to get there and with the other corps usual second half pushes in recent years, it doesn't seem likely.  Boston, Phantom or Blue Knights could push into the number 6 slot, but I think it's highly unlikely as you look at the top 6 at this time and everyone on the list has won at least one championship.  In fact out of the top 12 right now, only BK, BAC, Blue Stars and Crossmen haven't won the championship yet and I don't think this is their year yet.  In fact out of that 4, only the Blue Stars have finished in the top 3 and I was in HS when that happened, so it's been a long time, decades since that happened.

Edited by Vdad76

The coming days are where it starts to get very interesting..........

- Where will Boston Crusaders and Cavaliers stack up against The Cadets and Carolina Crown after spending some time apart?  All 4 have posted very impressive scores.  Could be super interesting.  Especially when there isn't an intermission between the former most and the latter three.  

- My two favorite shows meet up, where will Santa Clara Vanguard stand against Bluecoats?  We'll get to see if those West Coast scores that were about 2 or so points off the leaders were low (I have a feeling they were and they're going to be within a point of each other).  That happens a few times, in Rockford in Friday and in Minneapolis on Saturday.  

- Crossmen and Blue Stars were trading and SUPER close in their last few meetups and Crossmen have put up some impressive scores out east since they split up.  Throw in Phantom Regiment who topped an incredibly talented Blue Knights and Madison Scouts who saw HUGE jumps in their last two shows and things are going to be very interesting.  

- The Academy, will they be closer to Madison Scouts or Troopers?  Will Troopers make up some ground?

- Mandarins and Pacific Crest compete for the first time in about a week along with the two Open Class titans BDB and SCVC after a few weeks off of competing themselves.  Where will they all stack up against each other?  

- Oregon Crusaders and Seattle Cascades finally premier, where will they fall in relation to Blue Knights?  

- And on the OC side, super exciting stuff too.  

- Shadow premiers and along with Legends go against Pioneer tomorrow night and then you throw in Colt Cadets and River City Rhythm on Saturday in Minnesota.  

- Music City and Legends go head to head in Rockford.  

- Three awesome newer OC corps go head to head in the PNW, The Battalion, Columbians, and Golden Empire on Friday and through the weekend.  

- And a week from Friday there is an awesome OC show with Heat Wave, Southwind, Louisiana Stars, Music City, and Legends all going head to head.  

• Like 2

At this point top corps are BD- SCV west, BC,Cavs- MW  Crown Cadets East.

33 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

I think it's probably fitting together this way (after talking with my judge friends who have either judged at least one set, talked with other judges or seen video on U tube, along with my own seeing the end of camp things on Flo, the movie theater production opening show in Indy, U tube videos) at the moment.

1.  Bluecoats

2.  Blue Devils

3.  Crown

4.  Vanguard

While I respect your former judge friends, I will disagree with them that SCV will not medal this season. I predict a medal for SCV this season. It'll be interesting to look back at this after Finals to see if your former judge friends got this right.... or little ol' me.. ( lol!)

• Like 2

A bit of trivia for this week's remaining competitions:

The only corps* currently ranked in the top 12 that doesn't have a competition until Saturday is the Crossmen.  I'm sure a couple of corps currently with lower scores than them will get higher scores by Saturday, particularly Phantom and Blue Stars.  But, I wonder what the Crossmen will be cooking up with three complete free days of practice.

* I only examined the schedules of the top corps.

Edited by barigirl78