Staff merri-go-round

There seem to be some unfortunate rumors circulating on this thread. Some people using names and accusing people of doing things. What's going on?

The offseason.

• Like 2

There seem to be some unfortunate rumors circulating on this thread. Some people using names and accusing people of doing things. What's going on?

This is precisely why the Cadets organization needs to come out with a statement SOON! If there is nothing here, Cadets must put this to rest. If there is a significant development, there is no benefit in delay.

This is precisely why the Cadets organization needs to come out with a statement SOON! If there is nothing here, Cadets must put this to rest. If there is a significant development, there is no benefit in delay.

I am not talking about The Cadets or YEA....I am talking about people bringing up individuals and accusing them of ridiculous nonsense.

I am not talking about The Cadets or YEA....I am talking about people bringing up individuals and accusing them of ridiculous nonsense.

I hear you, but the REAL story is, are the Cadets in some turmoil? The Cadets are a MAJOR brand. Maybe the most talked about DCI corps. I wish them all the best and hope these talks of employees and instructors leaving is much ado about nothing.

• Like 2

The sad part about this whole thing is how people seem to be taking pleasure in this. The situation of the staff leaving based on the actions and attitude of one man is completely devastating, and given the influence Cadets have had on this activity, in my opinion, this news should not be taken lightly. But I forgot where I am. DCP sometimes can be a deep abyss full of hate and vitriol. Instead of meaningful suggestions or solutions, you get immature jokes and pleasure for the failing of a drum corps. Yet in the same tongue, you get people wishing certain corps were still in existence.

6th place is not failing. I think Hopkins has been a little myopic when it comes to the Cadets program and creation. The Blue Devils let Chandler take over ( at least have more free reign??) a bigger role starting with 2007 and it put new life in their shows.

• Like 1

Hope the situation can get resolved with mnimum damage to the kids who deserve the best. 2014 (my son's Rook-out season) was a tremendous experience for him and us; but now looks more and more like the final season of "old school" Cadets: the maroon unis; the podium placement; the electric nights in Indy......sigh....

From Hop's FB.

Don't cry because it's over,

Smile because it happened

Dr Seuss

Edited by Buckeye_85
  • Like 1

6th place is not failing. I think Hopkins has been a little myopic when it comes to the Cadets program and creation. The Blue Devils let Chandler take over ( at least have more free reign??) a bigger role starting with 2007 and it put new life in their shows.

. If that's failing, then I was a complete failure during my drum corps career. It's a speed bump. Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3