Staff merri-go-round

They didn't do as well as they expect to.. or as well as we would expect them to (not merely with placement, but with scoring).

The speculations are:

1. Perhaps they got systematically ripped off. (Only a few actually believe this)

2. Perhaps their show was a sub par creation and simply couldn't contend no matter what they did to it, or how much they cleaned it. (This is the more widely accepted assumption)

Number 2 has subparts:

A. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the design team was disconnected.

B. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the director (Hopkins) micromanaged it and the team.

Part B. Has subparts:

X. Hopkins doesn't allow freedom in the design.

Y. Hopkins treats staff poorly.

The relevance to this thread is the assumption and rumor that there will be significant staff turn over at Cadets.

For the record... I did not post that I subscribe to any of this... I am just answering the question.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Im not shooting anyone. I was just curious.

As a board member for a large performing arts organization (not related to DCI), it sounds to me like that the board needs to get involved fast. The fact that these rumors even exist and apparently are being treated with at least a modicum of credulity is significant.

Regardless of the truth to these rumors, I think the Cadets will be taking a long proverbial walk in the woods, which is unfortunate.

• Like 1

They didn't do as well as they expect to.. or as well as we would expect them to (not merely with placement, but with scoring).

The speculations are:

1. Perhaps they got systematically ripped off. (Only a few actually believe this)

2. Perhaps their show was a sub par creation and simply couldn't contend no matter what they did to it, or how much they cleaned it. (This is the more widely accepted assumption)

Number 2 has subparts:

A. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the design team was disconnected.

B. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the director (Hopkins) micromanaged it and the team.

Part B. Has subparts:

X. Hopkins doesn't allow freedom in the design.

Y. Hopkins treats staff poorly.

The relevance to this thread is the assumption and rumor that there will be significant staff turn over at Cadets.

For the record... I did not post that I subscribe to any of this... I am just answering the question.

Don't shoot the messenger!

HEY MAN, CONGRATS TO THE BLUECOATS!!!

• Like 2

Same with me, Terri.

Me too! Lack of anonymity keeps me (hopefully) from saying anything dumb :)

• Like 1

Lots of interest in the apparent discord at Cadets. Sure, personality and ego problems have always been part of drum corps at every level. I just get the feeling, the bottom line here will be financial troubles. If so, and the organization is scaled back, I wonder if this predicament would also affect Cadets2. Cadets2 have built something good in DCA.

No they weren't. YEA approached them and when it was clear YEA wanted to take (strip) elements from Boston, Boston rejected them.

Don't let the facts get in the way with Jeff Ream though. He gets real annoyed when we do this ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

HEY MAN, CONGRATS TO THE BLUECOATS!!!

Hey thanks!

Pretty pumped.

• Like 2