Staff merri-go-round

Thanks...I have already done that. I am not worried about the influence of any others. I am referring to one rumor about one person that is ridiculous, silly and malicious.

I think I know which rumor you are referring to. It wasn't posted as rumor so much. And I agree with you.
  • Like 1

We're both right! I googled and found an announcement dated 10/28/97 that the corps formed an alliance with YEA, as George was to join Dennis DeLucia in designing the show. Director Cronin seemed thrilled.

That didnt pass a preliminary proposal stage. A proposed alliance with a carrot dangled. All to absorb the elements Jim was building. YEA needed Boston, Boston didn't need YEA. And it has worked out well for Boston.
  • Like 1

Enlighten us then with verifiable facts. I would take it you were directly part of it?

Not at all. When I get in a computer I'll gladly paste the link I found on RAMD from October 1997

That didnt pass a preliminary proposal stage. A proposed alliance with a carrot dangled. All to absorb the elements Jim was building. YEA needed Boston, Boston didn't need YEA. And it has worked out well for Boston.

I don't disagree it worked out great for Boston. I remember cheering loudly when they made it in in 99

• Like 1

Wow. I'm critical of Regiment's admin and I mostly get hate. Find it funny when the same kind of stuff happens there.

They keep it quiet apparently

• Like 1

Boston was never actually part of YEA. In 1997, a relationship was entered into which quickly proved to be lopsided and not in the best interests of BAC. After less than a full year it was discontinued. My recollection of it was that the only tangible benefit to Boston ended up being a special deal on marching shoes (Dinkles, I think). By 1998, the corps was-yet again-faced with the grim prospect of folding. If credit goes anywhere for Boston surviving this episode, it goes to Corps Director Jim Cronin for bringing in Howard Weinstein initially as Program Coordinator and then HW becoming corps director a year later.. Then came Tom Santino, the Florida connection, full membership and top 12 for the first time in 1999.

I don't mean to jump on the anti-GH bandwagon, but to give YEA any credit for Boston's 18 year run in the top 12 is simply inaccurate. As for Cadets, to me they are a time-honored drum corps and I personally hope they can sort things out and continue to be a force in the activity.

• Like 1