Staff merri-go-round

nm.

I'm...

Glad you did that.

I was about to unload.

Please try not to assume the worst in me.

The only question that you asked that I had not already answered had to do with the idea that a group should trade quality for loyalty...

Obviously, I have suggested no such thing. They should... EVENTUALLY... acquire their own high quality staff that is solely "theirs"... including an arranger.

When?... well I couldn't say. But I wouldn't agree that they are better off under a wing any longer than necessary.

I know this is off topic but I think it is time for DCP to change the rules to fit the times. DCP should just ban the negativity which constantly fills the forums. People like PHD and this new Poppycock have nothing of value to say and only post to express negative feeling and to pursue their agenda of feeding their insecurities and attacking people they know or don't know because it makes them feel like a real person. They drive people away from having and meaningful discussions and just make DCP feel like a supermarket rag tabloid. I know I will be spending much less time here and will only be looking for info and updates. When DVP decides to clean house and make this site a nice place to visit few will stay except for the negative, hateful people. Will check be around in a few months.

Way wrong. Censor due to not falling into line with your opinion? Nah - keep it the way it is. This is not utopia.

• Like 1

Hmm, I thought it was subsequent to that. Like in the 00-02 range when Crown was also a part.

(or maybe I'm thinking of Crown and Magic being under the umbrella at the same time, not Crown and BAC)

My old team (DCA's Sunrisers) also was part of the "YEA umbrella" for a period in the late 1990s.

In the interests of maintaining a reasonably healthy blood pressure level, I will refrain from further public comment. LOL.

• Like 2

Boston was never part of YEA. Boston did what they did all by themselves, meaning it was all their own alumni and supporters. Boston went through some pretty difficult times to say the least. Few here on DCP will ever know all the details, but a few here know most od the details. At the end of the 82 season Boston was all but gone. A small group of people committed in September of 82 to reboot. It has take most of the past 34 years for the organization to be in the amazingly strong position they are in. There were many staff changes and many management changes. Many staff and management people moved on, on their own, recognizing that the organization needed to evolve. That may be part of the remedy for the Cadets if that is what is deemed necessary. Many of those very same people continue to this day, supporting the corps. There have been other changes in staff and management over the years that were made necessary to further improve the corps and the organization. A single step back can lead to many steps forward.

What I am getting at is Cadets MAY or MAY NOT be going through some difficulties, we as bystanders (which is most of us here on DCP) are only speculating and reacting to previous negativity about certain people and perceived current conditions. Unless you are right there bearing witness on a daily basis all you have are assumptions. Smoking gun or rumor, I'll keep my thoughts about that blah blah to myself until I know for sure what the facts are. The rest is only "I told you so" or "I knew it all along" baloney, when nothing is truly affirmed.

To supporters like 2000 Cadet, hang in there. Things will work out. There may be some stress and distress but things will be better. I have seen it. Best of luck to all the Cadets.

Appreciate that. I just realized there are more important things to worry about...like why my freaking flight out of Chicago is delayed 2 hours. At this rate, I'll never get home.

On a serious note, many of you who are making jokes may think it's funny. But imagine for a moment that one of your kids watched some of the old Cadet show videos and proclaimed that Cadets is the drum corps they would like to march when they are of age. But now they don't exist anymore because of situations like what's going on now. Is it better to explain to your kid WHY this situation happened and explain the importance of cultivating friendships and relationships in which people WANT to work with you? Or is it better to sit around on the internet making immature jokes?

Sure, many of you may think I am taking this a little too seriously but I really couldn't care less if that's what you think. The situation that I described above is how I felt when initially discovered Cadets, and it saddens me that they are going through this because of the actions of one person.

• Like 1

Can someone fill me in on what's happening with Cadets? It's a bit hard to figure out, as there seems to be at least a dozen sub conversations within this thread.

• Like 1

Can someone fill me in on what's happening with Cadets? It's a bit hard to figure out, as there seems to be at least a dozen sub conversations within this thread.

Rumors (which may be true) that a majority of the staff is leaving (Gino, Jay, Colin, etc.) due to GH.

I know this is off topic but I think it is time for DCP to change the rules to fit the times. DCP should just ban the negativity which constantly fills the forums. People like PHD and this new Poppycock have nothing of value to say and only post to express negative feeling and to pursue their agenda of feeding their insecurities and attacking people they know or don't know because it makes them feel like a real person. They drive people away from having and meaningful discussions and just make DCP feel like a supermarket rag tabloid. I know I will be spending much less time here and will only be looking for info and updates. When DVP decides to clean house and make this site a nice place to visit few will stay except for the negative, hateful people. Will check be around in a few months.

i'd say something about this, but i don't really have anything to add...

i'd say something about this, but i don't really have anything to add...

I certainly understand how he feels, but there's no way you can censor people on this site (nor should you).

Yeah... same issue with BK

This becomes an issue in all facets if design btw. Sharing drill writers and creative consultants.

As for the time issue, I did say I hope the eventually find their own... not necessarily right now.

I just think that organizations tend to low ball their talent or pigeon hole their designs by playing it safe with wise outsiders helping them out... after some time, this becomes inhibiting.

Actually, this is probably more critical with BK, as they are performing at such a level and placing where they could consider fielding a contending show next year... if they wanted to.

Heck... with the way this thread is going... maybe Bocook will be exclusively with BK come next year!

I'm...

Glad you did that.

I was about to unload.

Please try not to assume the worst in me.

The only question that you asked that I had not already answered had to do with the idea that a group should trade quality for loyalty...

Obviously, I have suggested no such thing. They should... EVENTUALLY... acquire their own high quality staff that is solely "theirs"... including an arranger.

When?... well I couldn't say. But I wouldn't agree that they are better off under a wing any longer than necessary.

Rest assured, and despite, I don't.

The only reason I deleted was because you answered most of my questions in this post, and I know the timing question is not really answerable.

They didn't do as well as they expect to.. or as well as we would expect them to (not merely with placement, but with scoring).

The speculations are:

1. Perhaps they got systematically ripped off. (Only a few actually believe this)

2. Perhaps their show was a sub par creation and simply couldn't contend no matter what they did to it, or how much they cleaned it. (This is the more widely accepted assumption)

Number 2 has subparts:

A. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the design team was disconnected.

B. If the program was flawed then it must mean that the director (Hopkins) micromanaged it and the team.

Part B. Has subparts:

X. Hopkins doesn't allow freedom in the design.

Y. Hopkins treats staff poorly.

The relevance to this thread is the assumption and rumor that there will be significant staff turn over at Cadets.

For the record... I did not post that I subscribe to any of this... I am just answering the question.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by cfirwin3