Staff merri-go-round

Some people are on the hype train but really want it to be a hype Hindenburg.

g1438353257942385632.jpg

Re-posting this from The Academy's thread:

Facebook - Drew Guy
August 23 at 12:22pm ·
As of Sunday morning I have officially resigned from The Academy Drum & Bugle Corps. The last five years there have been wonderful and the last two years as Co Percussion Caption Head were extremely rewarding and filled with learning experiences that shaped me into the educator I have always wanted to be and I'm incredibly thankful for all of the students and staff that I had the honor to work with while I was there. I've debated leaving for the last three years because of professional differences and after the drum corps' success this past year I feel the time for me to move on has finally come. I look forward to what my future with DCI and WGI holds, even if it means there isn't one. There's not enough room in the activity for us all to become grumpy old farts about it

Re-posting this from The Academy's thread:

Facebook - Drew Guy

August 23 at 12:22pm ·

As of Sunday morning I have officially resigned from The Academy Drum & Bugle Corps. The last five years there have been wonderful and the last two years as Co Percussion Caption Head were extremely rewarding and filled with learning experiences that shaped me into the educator I have always wanted to be and I'm incredibly thankful for all of the students and staff that I had the honor to work with while I was there. I've debated leaving for the last three years because of professional differences and after the drum corps' success this past year I feel the time for me to move on has finally come. I look forward to what my future with DCI and WGI holds, even if it means there isn't one. There's not enough room in the activity for us all to become grumpy old farts about it

If people aren't truly happy where they are, think it's best when they leave and give someone who might want it a lot more a chance. Wish him the best, and I'm sure with The Academy's success last year they won't have any issue filling his position.

He was the Bluecoats snare player from back in 2009 - 2011 or so right?

• Like 3

uh-oh -- i sense a disturbance in the force.

I think some of the honesty in the posts announcing departure is refreshing. Putting this many people together to produce a product leaves plenty of room for some not being happy.