Staff merri-go-round

The percussion was the Blue Stars strongest section. That announcement, alone, has me thinking they are going to drop like a rock in placement. Regardless of who stays on or who they get, that section is going to be in rebuilding mode and will definitely take a toll on the rest of corps. Hmmm, now I'm thinking no higher than 12th and no lower than 14th.

I am not sure this is all that accurate. 9th in GE and brass, 8th in percussion, and 7th in CG show the sections were pretty balanced. The drumline was not the dominate section. I will wait for staff announcements before proclaiming the Stars are moving down in 2017.

• Like 1

I am not sure this is all that accurate. 9th in GE and brass, 8th in percussion, and 7th in CG show the sections were pretty balanced. The drumline was not the dominate section. I will wait for staff announcements before proclaiming the Stars are moving down in 2017.

Technically with the 3 day average used to determine the caption winners, they were 9th in GE, Visual, Music, Color Guard, and Brass. Percussion was 7th, edging out Phantom by 0.03 and BK by 0.07

I would actually be very happy with that.

Same. I loved Frank's work with Blue Stars his last time around.

I haven't heard one female named to any prominent position there save for Herbert Washington's assistant.

If you'd like to help advocate for the outreach effort..it might help to learn the names of these women instead of calling them someone else's assistant.

Edited by MChap47
  • Like 2

What post?

I assume mostly referring to this part by Mapes

It would be easy to go through the motions and stay on another summer, but it is time to practice what I preach. Do what you love, love what you do. Although there were so many positives, in the end we were simply left artistically unfulfilled time and time again. Drum Corps design is all about the team and the chemistry and without that you are left with only your individual caption to be excited about, but that is not enough and was never the point.

Check the 2013 recap. When the judges were pushing Troop to make finals that Friday the drums kept them in.