Staff merri-go-round

Actually Visual Coordinator per their website http://www.colts.org/staff.asp

Nice to see Marty McCartt as the Colt's brass arranger...did he write for them this past season?

That other poster wants people to believe McNutt is a has-been...obviously he's not very credible at all...simple as that.

If that 'other poster' you are referring to is me...you might not have fully understood my posts. I never referred to Colin as a 'has been'. I like Colin. He's a great person and did a lot of good for The Cadets. But it is true that he was not able to max out that program and win another drum trophy as other lines like SCV, BD and Bluecoats continued to improve through 2014, 2015 and this year. Let me say again that I feel that Tom Aungst, especially with Jake Gall staying with him, will upgrade The Cadets percussion and Colin will upgrade Boston's percussion.

And over at Phantom Regiment...

Wes Cartwright has been named to lead the corps’ design team as Artistic Director. In this role, Cartwright will be in charge of conceptual and visual design as well as overall show development.

Also new to the team, and assisting Cartwright with the visual design, is Mark Moreno.

Rob Ferguson, who will step into a new role as Percussion Arranger and Caption Supervisor.
Phantom Regiment would like to express its most heartfelt thanks to Bret Kuhn for what he brought to our phamily and the percussion section. Kuhn is turning over the battery arranging and overall percussion supervision to Ferguson, whom he had brought to the Regiment in 2015 as the front ensemble arranger and supervisor. Kuhn consulted with the Regiment starting in 2012 and took over in 2014.
Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

Wes Cartwright has been named to lead the corps’ design team as Artistic Director. In this role, Cartwright will be in charge of conceptual and visual design as well as overall show development.

Cartwright is big in the BOA realm... producing several Championships with units he's taught... Broken Arrow High School, Ok. ... several other gigs in BOA....should be very interesting to see what he creates visually for Phantom Regiment in 2017, in an area of critical need for them , imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Wes Cartwright has been named to lead the corps design team as Artistic Director. In this role, Cartwright will be in charge of conceptual and visual design as well as overall show development.

Also new to the team, and assisting Cartwright with the visual design, is Mark Moreno.

Rob Ferguson, who will step into a new role as Percussion Arranger and Caption Supervisor.

Phantom Regiment would like to express its most heartfelt thanks to Bret Kuhn for what he brought to our phamily and the percussion section. Kuhn is turning over the battery arranging and overall percussion supervision to Ferguson, whom he had brought to the Regiment in 2015 as the front ensemble arranger and supervisor. Kuhn consulted with the Regiment starting in 2012 and took over in 2014.

Looks very promising ... Almost like a Voice of Promise

• Like 1

Congratulations to Mr. Cartwright and Mr. Moreno for joining the Regiment's Design Team, which will also include Will Pitts and Rob Ferguson ( and perhaps others to be named later).

And, although I have not heard anything for sure, don't forget that Marie Grana Czapinski served as a visual consultant for PR in 2016; I hope she returns as well.

And a huge THANKS to Bret Kuhn for all of his contributions to the Regiment phamily since he joined us in 2012. Enjoy your summers with the grands and take them to a drum corps show.

It is interesting to note that Wes, Mark and Will already work together as the Creative Team at "beyond marching and music design" in Atlanta.

Edited by 1956OPR

No changes in the design team for next year's Blue Knights. (Including Bocook remaining as brass arranger, despite leaving Cadets.)

http://ascendperformingarts.org/blue-knights-design-team-caption-heads-return-in-2017/

• Like 1