Staff merri-go-round

I'm sure that's just because of the natural progression of staff members moving to new organizations.... life changes.... or because Allentown is just inundated with rainbows, kittens, and fluffy bunny rabbits.

All three are equally plausible.

After his Facebook after CWP was folded, I'd say it's because of none of the above

• Like 2

The Security Guard supposedly received an offer to go to work in the WWF. But thats just a rumor going around, so who knows if its true or not.

Vince would never hire someone that can't apply a proper headlock. Oh and it's WWE

• Like 1

Oh, for sure...I'd just argue that expecting to go from 15th to 1st in <5 years was unrealistic.

I mean, it took Bluecoats 17 years to go from 13th to 1st; it took Crown 11 to go from 16th to 1st. And it took Mason and co. 7 years to get Star there, in a (seemingly) less crowded era.

Only took Blue Devils three years to go from 24th to first in a crowded era. Just sayin'...

Wow! I just thought he was the inspiration for 'Love Story.'

That too. Lots of versatility.

Cadets were still a top 6 corps with what many people felt was an inferior product.

Program, yes. Otherwise, top drawer brass and percussion.

Only took Blue Devils three years to go from 24th to first in a crowded era. Just sayin'...

Crowded, but more volatile. I'd argue that as time has gone on, there's more consistent improvement of each corps year to year (i.e. most corps get about the same amount better than they did last year) than in the 80's (Suncoast's sponsorship deal collapsing, Madison going on a down-swing with a championship blip int he middle, SOA doing Interstellar Suite), or 70's (when you didn't have a consistent set of competitors in Finals year-to-year, various other reasons, less consistent talent levels across the board).

I'd also argue that the Devils' rise was nothing short of a miracle of the right talent coming together at the right time.

Well, all I can say is that people weren't thinking n average of 9.8 when Mason arrived. They were thinking rings.

One guy can't work miracles in Drum Corps. It takes great teamwork among the entire staff, great chemistry, a bit of luck,etc to make it all come together and make it work as hoped for. There is no one size fits all formula for success.

Edited by BRASSO

Where is Boston getting all of this money?

For one...Great East Music Festivals is pretty big deal...they acquired that a few years back...