Staff merri-go-round

What does everyone think about the possibility of Michael Lentz going to Cadets as Program Coordinator?

He didn't go over well at Boston a couple years ago, but I actually liked the Animal Farm show, and think his style could be what Cadets need, plus he brings that WGI cache that is so important now to be a contender.

In addition, it would create an awesome Boston vs. Cadets dynamic lol.....as evil as that is to say.

The irony...

• Like 1

I am really not a fan of the term poaching. Staff are free agents at the end of the season, unless arranged otherwise. And there comes a time for everyone to move on to new adventures. I don't blame BAC or any staff members who want to move for finding mutually beneficial arrangements.

I can really appreciate that sentiment from you Jurassic Lancer... as it was a sad day for 27th ( your Corps ) when 27th lost Zingali ( a former marcher in 27th ) to the Cadets. Zingali was instrumental to the Cadets emergence in Visuals.. and later, Star of Indiana. These things happen, and one can't blame staffers when they decide to make a change of scenery for one reason or another.

Edited by BRASSO

I can really appreciate that sentiment from you Jurassic Lancer... as it was a sad day for 27th ( your Corps ) when 27th lost Zingali ( a former marcher in 27th ) to the Cadets... these things happen, and one can't blame staffers when they decide to make a change of scenery.

I talked to George Z. shortly after he switched. He just said, "I took 27th as far as I could take them. It was time for me to move on." That's pretty much a quote, but the verbiage might be slightly different.

• Like 2

The irony...

Mike was a good person. He left on his own.

Just posted on the Crusaders' Facebook page.......

We're ecstatic to bring together and welcome:

Michael Townsend (Production & Color Guard Designer), Keith Potter (Artistic Director), Leon May (Visual Design & Drill Writing), Gino Cipriani (Director of Music & Brass), Colin McNutt (Director of Percussion, Music Design), Ryan George (Composer, Arranger, Music Design)

• Like 3

Where is Boston getting all of this money?

Inspire Arts and Music (I AM) is a very professionally run, very aggre$$ive, 501c(3) board. They have a huge board, very light on alums, and Job 1 of every member is: Raise Money. They make a strong play for corporate giving in a target-rich environment -- one of the country's largest concentrations of financial-services corporations. IAM has diversified -- it owns a major HS music festival and a music-instrument retailer. A very solid organization with some really focused people at the helm.

Michael Townsend (Production & Color Guard Designer), Keith Potter (Artistic Director), Leon May (Visual Design & Drill Writing), Gino Cipriani (Director of Music & Brass), Colin McNutt (Director of Percussion, Music Design), Ryan George (Composer, Arranger, Music Design)

:ninja: Time to revise those "safe" predictions of the 8-10 placement range up a bit!

They poached themselves a 5star staff. We'll see if $ can buy a championship. My heart goes out to Crown who must feel betrayed about now.

I talked to George Z. shortly after he switched. He just said, "I took 27th as far as I could take them. It was time for me to move on." That's pretty much a quote, but the verbiage might be slightly different.

hopefully there was a nice pay raise -

There really wasn't as far as I understand it, though I may be a little off on that point, but in those early days of the 1980's Garfield was operating on a wing and a prayer. It was growth opportunity.