2017 Boston Crusaders

Okay. Here it goes. Hope I'm not "persecuted" for saying it. After listening to both the recordings, the two years back to back...

I liked the arrangement for 2016 more.

While the quality of brass is obviously better this year, I feel the arrangement to be rather one note and choppy. It's like every time the brass gets going they throw in a percussion break that interrupts the flow. while powerful, the brass music just seems to stay they same throughout the show. It's loud. The ballad is pretty but the vocalist is unnecessary and would be conveyed just as good if not better by a brass soloist. 

I don't know, with all the quality they have undoubtedly they'll move up, but I'm not buying into the hype yet. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Okay. Here it goes. Hope I'm not "persecuted" for saying it. After listening to both the recordings, the two years back to back...

While the quality of brass is obviously better this year, I feel the arrangement to be rather one note and choppy. It's like every time the brass gets going they throw in a percussion break that interrupts the flow. while powerful, the brass music just seems to stay they same throughout the show. It's loud. The ballad is pretty but the vocalist is unnecessary and would be conveyed just as good if not better by a brass soloist. 

I don't know, with all the quality they have undoubtedly they'll move up, but I'm not buying into the hype yet. 

Hey that's your opinion...why would you get persecuted?...oh yeah I almost forgot this is DCP....lol

In terms of flow...I have a different opinion...I think this thing flows masterfully and the brass is very musical...just flies by and before I know it..the ride is over...I like this type of music so that may be why I like it so much...not generally a fan of Broadway tunes sans early years of SCV...I can't say I'm enjoying the flow for a few of the other top tier corps this season that I've heard recordings..I will not mention names as I don't want to be mean spirited...and knowing DCP...I really am not in the mood to listen to any backlash...

The only arrangement I liked from Boston's show last season was the opener...but that wasn't until the end of the season...thought it was very lacking in any substance early on...

I have to ask...what hype?...seems a bit misdirected IMO.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

"Persecuted'?! Good luck to your Blue Stars and Cavies.

Hype away, Boston!

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

A better recording where we can see the members and not get a kink in the neck(lol) from BFDTV...

Thanks BFDTV and the poster(s).

• Like 1

seems only fitting that one might feel persecuted for their views regarding a show about the witch trials!

• Like 1

Cotton Mather matters.

I subscribe to DCI brass...love these little extras! :)

• Like 2