2017 Boston Crusaders

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Three weeks ago.  This line is going to kill it by Indy.  They are fearless.  What a pleasure. 

The more I listen to this brass line, after hearing them in Everett only days before has me astonished at the increased quality in such a short time.  There is no doubt this is THE most talented line that Boston had ever had.  Ever.  Coupled with the staff and the writing (what a fantastic combination) this bodes to be a top brass line by Indy.  Beyond the brass staff, The entire staff is bringing out the best of these kids in all areas.  It is killing me that I don't see them live until Lawrence.  On the other hand I can't wait to see and hear them at that point and see how much better they will be.  Good lord this is exciting.   I can say that right?...with all the priestS and witches all over the place this year, you can't be too careful!  LOL

• Like 8

Just bummed they aren't on the Nashville schedule. But, I don't know whom I would want to replace them with. 

Maybe if they finish high enough they will be on the TOC events next year.

15 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Just bummed they aren't on the Nashville schedule. But, I don't know whom I would want to replace them with. 

I don't think it matters anymore, Mike.  Colts and The Academy are both in the Dekalb TOC show Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don't think it matters anymore, Mike.  Colts and The Academy are both in the Dekalb TOC show Saturday. 

If I understand the rules, at least one and as many as two outsiders are on every show. So Nashville would be Blue Knights. And probably Phantom.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

, The entire staff is bringing out the best of these kids in all areas.  It is killing me that I don't see them live until Lawrence.  On the other hand I can't wait to see and hear them at that point and see how much better they will be.  Good lord this is exciting.  

I saw the Corps at the winter camps, then at the move ins... and the improvements at every step of the way. LabMaster, was quite remarkable and noticeable. Like you, I have not seen them live since they have gone out on tour, but those that have, are marveling at the improved quality of the Corps, and its entertaining show, and the positive and enthusiastic audience feedback the Corps is receiving while on tour. Its killing me too that we don't get to see them live until they come to Massachusetts in August. I have no idea what thew ceiling is this year for this 2017 edition of the Boston Crusaders, but whatever it is, I'm very confident that no stone will be left unturned by this staff to make the Boston Crusaders the very best they can possibly be come the Championships. Like you said.... " Good Lord this is exciting ! "

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

To be honest, I had no intention of going to the Dekalb show but it's my only chance to see a friend.  So I'm going. 

What's his name?       :peek:          ;-)

6 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

They'll be at the UT Martin show this Friday night if that's not too far of a drive. 

Speaking of that show, I'll be going over to Bethel to watch them rehearse. Any parents on here that need stuff delivered to members? PM for more. 

This corps has made some excellent investments over the last several years and it's really paying off!

Hi Folks,

I wanted to share with you my experience volunteering with the BAC for their first four shows in June out in the Midwest through the Muncie show. I wrote a daily blog that I have compiled into this diary-style essay and posted at the link below. It was a real privilege to get to know the professional staff and many of the members of the corps. As you may surmise after reading my entries, I am rather a newbie and somewhat of an interloper into this highly traditional BAC family that I have come to respect greatly but may not yet be fully indoctrinated in the lore. I hope everyone reads it with that understanding.

The kids were very happy and upbeat when I left them in Muncie and their continued improved scores show how much they are enjoying performing Wicked Games. I can’t wait to see them again. I have 50-yd line seats for Clifton, NJ, Allentown, PA, Rome, NY and Massillon, OH. What a run that will be. Go BAC!

http://www.starkmountainproductions.com/BAC/Intro.html

• Like 5