2017 Boston Crusaders

43 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Can anyone in the know explain why Boston's guard are dressed like Athenian Goddesses?

Because they are guard goddesses. The Uniform Reveal video goes into explanation of many uniform design choices. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not all of us, apparently.

apparently.

10 hours ago, Liahona said:

Guilty!

DFyxFTQUQAAeZs5.jpg

wp-content-uploads-2014-01-black-and-whi

Well done, BAC ..great practices ahead!

{Photo: glitterwitch.com}

"The witch-hunts of Salem and Europe whipped up a hysterical mob mentality against women, against the feminine."

Edited by CorpwithanS
Credit
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Y'all can read my review of them from last night (and the other groups) over on the Birmingham thread!

Appreciate your time and input. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

I like this :)

The lines are from the "Battle of Maldon", in translation from the Old English. The poem is known only from a long fragment. It describes a real event in 991: the failed attempt by the Anglo-Saxon earl Byrhtnoth (sometimes spelled Beorhtnoth) to hold the coastline against Danish invaders. The Danes were stuck on the far side of a tidal estuary, and could only approach the English via an easily defensible spit of land. But they taunted Byrhtnoth into allowing them across so that they could meet in a fair fight. Then the Danes crushed them. Byrhtnoth's head was cut off. It is the men of his household, guarding his body as they themselves were being defeated, who--in the poem, at least--uttered those famous lines.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The lines are from the "Battle of Maldon", in translation from the Old English. The poem is known only from a long fragment. It describes a real event in 991: the failed attempt by the Anglo-Saxon earl Byrhtnoth (sometimes spelled Beorhtnoth) to hold the coastline against Danish invaders. The Danes were stuck on the far side of a tidal estuary, and could only approach the English via an easily defensible spit of land. But they taunted Byrhtnoth into allowing them across so that they could meet in a fair fight. Then the Danes crushed them. Byrhtnoth's head was cut off. It is the men of his household, guarding his body as they themselves were being defeated, who--in the poem, at least--uttered those famous lines.

Cool story, and thanks for taking the time to explain it. Your suggestion that the burned/hanged victims in BAC's show are heroic in spite of defeat is what hooked me in most. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Y'all can read my review of them from last night (and the other groups) over on the Birmingham thread!

I brought your review of BAC over to this thread...hope you don't mind...excellent review btw! Kinetic inferno11's review of Birmingham's show found below...

BAC - Oh my, where to begin. It was obvious they were walking away with the win in the first 2 minutes of the show. The guard was absolutely great, incredible work. There were a few pretty obvious sabre drops that were saddening to me. The detail of the design of this show was very good. the guard uniforms and silks matched the theme perfectly. The band uniforms I like better live, but still not really in love with them. The percussion is super clean and really got my attention last night. The brass was definitely the best, not only last night, but that they've had in a long while. Best used props of the night. Every prop was used for something through the whole show, something not most groups do, good for them. The singer was a definite stand out moment of the show. The person I was with has a vocal background and is very good at it (3 time all state, 2 time GSA in Kentucky) and she was very impressed with the singer. The ballad as a whole was my 2nd favorite part of the show. REALLY well done. My favorite moment of course was the ending. That flame adds so much there and I couldn't see it ending any other way. Also my favorite use of voiceovers. So simple yet it gets the point across. Goosebumps. This is my favorite BAC show to date and I hope they get past the Cavies.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thank-you. Nice read.

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I brought your review of BAC over to this thread...hope you don't mind...excellent review btw! Kinetic inferno11's review of Birmingham's show found below...

Awww thanks! :) glad I got to see them!

• Like 3