2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I thought most of the BAC regulars didn't want this show to have a sociopolitical message in it? Or atleast, that's the impression I got from the discussion a few pages back. 

I don't think it is a sociopolitical message being directly/intentionally delivered but there is that component to the story that exists.  And you could say transcends todays times as well.  It is what it is in that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Everyone gets something different from the show...It really does not matter what I WANT or what YOU want for that matter either...I prefer great brass...great percussion...and great guard.

And you are getting it for sure.

• Like 5

I just realized, like dawn on Marblehead as the saying goes, that Boston will be presenting Wicked Games about the Salem witch trials in Winston Salem on Sunday and Salem on Monday.  Yeah maybe I'm a little late to the realization game.  LOL.

• Like 3

I wonder.....do the folks who keep harping on witches being burned/hanged/pressed etc have the same gripe with the musical HAMILTON, which features an entire cast young performers "of color" when the founding fathers were decidedly all quite old and quite white.  It is "poetic license at its finest" according to Lin-Manuel Miranda, the producer/director.  From all reports, this is an outstanding show, confirmed by the amount of Tonys it has already garnered.  I wonder how it would be regarded by some here on DCP.....

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

I wonder.....do the folks who keep harping on witches being burned/hanged/pressed etc have the same gripe with the musical HAMILTON, which features an entire cast young performers "of color" when the founding fathers were decidedly all quite old and quite white.  It is "poetic license at its finest" according to Lin-Manuel Miranda, the producer/director.  From all reports, this is an outstanding show, confirmed by the amount of Tonys it has already garnered.  I wonder how it would be regarded by some here on DCP.....

It's lonely at the top.

Hey Boston has some NEW really cool merchandise...kinda wish they had a shirt that said "She Must Burn!"

Visit The Crusader Collection and get yours!

Screen_Shot_2017-07-28_at_1.33.45_PM_lar

Screen_Shot_2017-07-26_at_12.41.39_PM_la

Screen_Shot_2017-07-26_at_3.22.01_PM_lar

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Hey Boston has some NEW really cool merchandise...kinda wish they had a shirt that said "She Must Burn!"

Visit The Crusader Collection and get yours!

Screen_Shot_2017-07-28_at_1.33.45_PM_lar

Screen_Shot_2017-07-26_at_12.41.39_PM_la

Screen_Shot_2017-07-26_at_3.22.01_PM_lar

The first T shirt here displayed: " GUILTY ! " could have a utilitarian additional value here too. Say you got a call for Jury duty, didn't want to serve for one reason or another, and went to the Courthouse, and waited in the Call Room with this on, and the Lawyers/ Judge have to make their pick that day from the prospective jurors present. Oh my. Problem solved. ( ..haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The first T shirt here displayed: " GUILTY ! " could have a utilitarian additional value here too. Say you got a call for Jury duty, didn't want to serve for one reason or another, and went to the Courthouse, and waited in the Call Room with this on, and the Lawyers/ Judge have to make their pick that day from the prospective jurors present. Oh my. Problem solved. ( ..haha)

If this were to happen, you better hope the judge has a sense of humor.

• Like 1