Cadets 2017

If Bobby is still writing for Reading, who's gonna write for C2? It's a puzzlement.

That's a good question. I honestly have no idea.

f4ObUIQ.png

ok i withdraw my comment about the campaign being only for C2.

f4ObUIQ.png

Is this unprecedented for Cadets? Does this concern anyone?

Edited by MikeRapp

i think you double quoted that (i see two pics). anyway i think its unusual for the cadets to offer discounts to walk-ins (which is why i posted it originally). concerned? nah. i mean camp numbers looked fine from the pix i saw. now -- if they were not posting anything at all about camp -- i guess someone might be concerned.

You guys are freaking out about new recruiting tactics... when the Cadets signed on a new recruiter for this season. Occam's razor, my friends. I think some of us on here might be a little determined to see strife and disaster where perhaps there is none.A little bird DID tell me that they're bumping up the number of tubas marching from 10 to 12, and that they had SIX ageouts in the section from last year. Between those two factors, and the fact that so few audition for that instrument anyway, that's why things are as you've seen them. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for one or two mellos come a little later in the winter either.... but that's just a theory I have.

The attendance for the november camp seemed fine though. The memorial brass and the arcs seemed just as big as they always are, anyway, if not a little bigger since they did away with the one day only camps in other places.

Yes, tubas have always been a Cadets shortfall. Let's face it, Cadets tubas don't really get featured the way Bluecoats tubas get featured, to name an example. That doesn't speak much to quality of performance or individual skill, but for an outsider looking in, they probably want to go to the place that will give them more attention within the show. Just a theory.

The only thing that confuses me about auditions is why Hop didn't periscope the show and tell. Maybe they don't have a media guy signed on yet? I was looking forward to watching.

Edited by aLittleBird
  • Like 2

You guys are freaking out about new recruiting tactics... when the Cadets signed on a new recruiter for this season. Occam's razor, my friends. I think some of us on here might be a little determined to see strife and disaster where perhaps there is none.A little bird DID tell me that they're bumping up the number of tubas marching from 10 to 12, and that they had SIX ageouts in the section from last year. Between those two factors, and the fact that so few audition for that instrument anyway, that's why things are as you've seen them. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for one or two mellos come a little later in the winter either.... but that's just a theory I have.

The attendance for the november camp seemed fine though. The memorial brass and the arcs seemed just as big as they always are, anyway, if not a little bigger since they did away with the one day only camps in other places.

Yes, tubas have always been a Cadets shortfall. Let's face it, Cadets tubas don't really get featured the way Bluecoats tubas get featured, to name an example. That doesn't speak much to quality of performance or individual skill, but for an outsider looking in, they probably want to go to the place that will give them more attention within the show. Just a theory.

The only thing that confuses me about auditions is why Hop didn't periscope the show and tell. Maybe they don't have a media guy signed on yet? I was looking forward to watching.

I'm not freaking out, just asking a question. I don't know what Cadets have done in the past to recruit.

f4ObUIQ.png

No. It's not unprecedented. No, it doesn't concern (me).

That they had a 6th place finish does not entirely mean the world is exploding.

Hopefully they're shutting the hell up until May or June.

No. It's not unprecedented. No, it doesn't concern (me).

That they had a 6th place finish does not entirely mean the world is exploding.

Hopefully they're shutting the hell up until May or June.

Hop has said in FB live videos that the show isn't announced yet due to licensing difficulties. I'm pretty sure he said somewhere that Cadets announce early so that potential members know what they're getting into/can be excited to audition for a show rather than a corps, or something to that effect.

• Like 1

I can only hope cadets come in 6th a lot more often cuz that means drum corps as a whole is improving. It doesn't mean cadets suck. I thought their original show in 2016 was super cool and difficult, and also thought 'I sure hope they pull this off.' They blinked, changed the show, and stubbed their toe. It happens sometimes. The horn line was relentless...huge respect. Cadets is, and will be, fine. I hope everyone improves.