Cadets 2017

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. Very obvious 

and beach block today in Daytona???  The same week as Disney!

Hopkins talking retirement villas on Fb.

Edited by xandandl

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

and beach block today in Daytona???  The same week as Disney!

Hopkins talking retirement villas on Fb.

I never thought I'd see the day when Cadets schedule appears too easy 

Re: Florida

(A) it wasn't Cadets' intent to go back this year, and I don't imagine they will be willing to go back next year

(B) the county in which Cadets stayed in Orlando does not allow students to sleep in the high schools overnight, which was part of the reason they opted for a hotel (the other being that AC and beds might make the Cadets fresher in the mid-Florida heat & humidity)

• Like 6

I will say one thing I really really really hope changes, and if they're changing/adding to the last three minutes of the show I have a feeling it will, is that last uniform change.  

They just sit there for a whopping minute in the same scattered set from the end of the previous production and kinda awkwardly strip off the "Fallen" portion of the show uniform while they're singing and just kinda toss it down on the front sideline.  That murders the pacing, visual effect, and really really really takes me out of the show every time I see it.  SUPER awkward.  

I bring it up because I have a feeling it will change.  If it does that will bump up my enjoyment 10 fold.  There are other things but those remain to be seen and heard (NEXT WEEK) live in Broken Arrow and San Antonio.  I really quite like the opener and Agnus Dei.    If they can match that the rest of the show they will sell me.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I will say one thing I really really really hope changes, and if they're changing/adding to the last three minutes of the show I have a feeling it will, is that last uniform change.  

They just sit there for a whopping minute in the same scattered set from the end of the previous production and kinda awkwardly strip off the "Fallen" portion of the show uniform while they're singing and just kinda toss it down on the front sideline.  That murders the pacing, visual effect, and really really really takes me out of the show every time I see it.  SUPER awkward.  

I bring it up because I have a feeling it will change.  If it does that will bump up my enjoyment 10 fold.  There are other things but those remain to be seen and heard (NEXT WEEK) live in Broken Arrow and San Antonio.  I really quite like the opener and Agnus Dei.    If they can match that the rest of the show they will sell me.  

I believe that goes

• Like 1

DCP is so funny.  One week the hot post is "Can Cadets medal"  now its everyone saying when will BAC pass Cadets.

We are so impatiently reactive it's hilarious.  Does no one remember Crown 2015, and how they surged after the ending was added/tweaked the week before San Antonio.

I am by no means saying Cadets will have the same results Crown did in 2015.  They do not have the brass or guard talent.  

However, the doomsday talk is very premature.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

DCP is so funny.  One week the hot post is "Can Cadets medal"  now its everyone saying when will BAC pass Cadets.

We are so impatiently reactive it's hilarious.  Does no one remember Crown 2015, and how they surged after the ending was added/tweaked the week before San Antonio.

I am by no means saying Cadets will have the same results Crown did in 2015.  They do not have the brass or guard talent.  

This!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Cadets are having a "bad week" but they can finish their show and devout the rest of season to cleaning and have "good weeks" later. Most groups will start putting in changes in and will stagnate for a few days until they return to their cleaning phases. I honestly think this show is too good to be ranked where it is currently. BUT I would forgo beach days for Cadets. IMO

• Like 1