Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, Sideways said:

For anyone that's been around long enough, let them get the closer on the field and start cleaning.  No one cleans like the Cadets and the foundation of this year is light years ahead of 2016.  May not ending up a top tier (1-3) project but it ain't going to be a dumpster fire either.

The fact that we have to say "let them get the closer on the field" in mid-July is alarming though.  Finals is less than a month away and the show isn't just being tweaked, it's never been performed in its entirety.  

And yes... I'm well aware that in drum corps days gone by, shows were often not completed until mid-season.  Well... sorry, but that doesn't cut it anymore.  Since DCI started broadcasting season openers, they've been tacitly expecting a relatively complete product out of the gate.  Staff changes or not, it's poor planning, and it puts these kids at a disadvantage.  

As Septa Unella would say....  Shame.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I have an idea for a costume that would look really awesome for this show..

Stay with me here... I know it's a radical thought...

7WoF95p.jpg

This is who we are. Let the other guys be the bowler hats and the spandex. Let's be this and be the best this we can be.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Funny thing is, if you cared to spend 5 seconds searching you can find all sorts of positive things I've posted about Cadets.  But you go ahead and continue making personal attacks.  I won't even report it.  People who post things like this make it hard not to get a jaded opinion of Cadets fans.

I've heard this before. And it's sad that people let random people on a website whom they more than likely have never met influence their opinion of an entire organization. 

5 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

This is who we are. Let the other guys be the bowler hats and the spandex. Let's be this and be the best this we can be.

Completely agree. 

29 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

This is turning into the Madison threads of years past...

"Just WAIT until the new ending goes in... JUST WAIT. EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE!"

I'm not sure it's quite like that lol

its more "before we write them off let's see the closer on Saturday"

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Beautiful.  But time marches on and so must we.  I try my best to be open minded. 

True. I do the same. I just want "excellence" in whatever form it takes 

• Like 1