Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I'm glad they've seemed to have gotten buy-in from the members.  That is obviously most important.  

I, however, remain skeptical.  T-shirt slogan be ######.

• Like 1

My question with these rewrites and new endings we see every single year that promise a placement jump is always why not make it better in the first place?   You don't have to put all your stuff on the table from the get go but at least have a framework beginning to end that is good from the start.   I guess we shall see.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Were they NOT working hard before? WTF man

Come on man calm down. It's not that serious. I'm sure they're working hard. 

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

It's just George being terrible -- as usual -- at messaging.

Not quite, "I hate the south," but not exactly top-tier corporate communications either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

My question with these rewrites and new endings we see every single year that promise a placement jump is always why not make it better in the first place?   You don't have to put all your stuff on the table from the get go but at least have a framework beginning to end that is good from the start.   I guess we shall see.  

Because sometimes the designers come out with something better than what was initially on the table; sometimes what they have at the beginning doesn't quite work as well as they thought and they go back to the drawing board to come up with something better; Sometimes, to quote Jeff Sacktig, it's just not good enough and they deserve something better, so they work harder to provide something better. Sometimes it can't just happen in the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

They rewrote the last minute which they held back at the start of the season. That caused the sets to need to change from the end of of part two and the almighty father bridge. To get the corps staged where they need to be at the start of the closer. So yes some rewrite but nothing like last year 

Edited by George Dixon

1 minute ago, exitmusic said:

It's just George being terrible -- as usual -- at messaging.

Not quite, "I hate the south," but not exactly top-tier corporate communications either.

No, he's not good at messaging, and we've known this for years. But he does communicate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah it's just a bad word choice. I think what he meant was now that the show is on the field the toughest part "Aka cleaning and maxing out the performance" begins