Cadets 2017

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

There are three organizations in DCI, two historically, to which this does not apply

Cavaliers, Cadets and BD 

BD had a few lean years in the late 80s early 90s, and then went on a massive roll. I believe that's where Cadets are right now. I fullly expect a DCI championship out of Allentown by 2019 or 2020 

Not without significant changes....

Side-note that I'm not sure I've seen any comment on: great job by Bobby Jones on the drill this year, in that he put down exactly what they needed--something solid, if not spectacular, that fit the music without being too challenging to achieve. It's, for lack of a better term, a bit of caretaker drill writing, and I don't think he's a new Sacktig or Sully, but it's getting the job done, and after last year's work, that's what they needed.

• Like 2

Just saw Bluecoats show live for the first time. I don't care where they place. That show is FUN FUN FUN!!!

However, the tuba player whose feet got tangled up in the tarp may not have been having so much fun. That was nearly a bad moment. 

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Just saw Bluecoats show live for the first time. I don't care where they place. That show is FUN FUN FUN!!!

However, the tuba player whose feet got tangled up in the tarp may not have been having so much fun. That was nearly a bad moment. 

(wrong thread bud lol)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ediker said:

There's been another seismic shift and Cadets are catching on.

What objectively leads you to believe that we are "catching on?"

This year's program would have been mid-tier even 10 years ago.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Not without significant changes....

I hope so. You know I was so excited to see them live performing at DVC stadium in 2001. They were amazing. I took a friend who was at his first drumcorp show. He was blown away by the Cadets. I kid you not. I was too, 

38 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

(wrong thread bud lol)

Not wrong thread. It's possible to be entertained by a show and not obsess over placement. Same with our Cadets.  But you can keep bashing away if it makes you feel better. 

Just now, Icer said:

Not wrong thread. It's possible to be entertained by a show and not obsess over placement. Same with our Cadets.  But you can keep bashing away if it makes you feel better. 

Huh?   I agree......I LOVE Bluecoats show too.  I just assumed you meant to post on the Nashville thread if you just saw it for the first time.   No harm.   

:/

• Like 1