Cadets 2017

That's a solid guard staff. Very very happy to have Eric back (Cadets 14 guard second when he headed up caption), John, Phillip from Alter Ego then Kristy and Joe from last year. This should be a very competitive guard program going into year 2.

Great adds and it's about time Cadets and John Lemire come together. He's been impressive with his work with CT guards (Trumbull, Hurcs, Alter Ego) and has already worked well on C2 staff.

Philip is a great weapons add, a Cadet alumnus add from the great guards he marched and captained. Both John and Phil who worked well together in the CT guards have produced performers with the right sense of elan and equipment talent.

I didn't see the stint with SCV staff in Eric's posted resume but I'm glad he's back home. His recent experience and Phil's time with Regiment will also bring a weathered variety of other successful approaches to enhance for a great depth. And Phil is known to run a great restaurant or two. All the best to them all on a guard staff showing great depth and achievement.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Interesting mention about the new quads tech for C '17 on this thread. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/165264-hawthorne-caballeros-announce-2017-percussion-arranger-and-caption-head/

What happened to Alex Beltran. a great guy and a most talented musician and teacher (?) Has he gone doctoral already? I wouldn't be surprised.

Just posted on Facebook (sorry if it's older news, but I just saw it for the first time)..........

Cadets selling their black uni's!

$500 each with minimum of 30.........marketing to high school bands.

• Like 1

.....does this mean there might be some new, old colors in the future?

.....does this mean there might be some new, old colors in the future?

Probably

Time for the Cadets to go to a costume-- it is the growing trend and will continue to be. Sell the black unis and let Cadets2 keep the original.

John will be a huge asset . He will make sense of the work and control. I must say a little surprised though. lets see how the veryyyyyy different personalities mesh.

Top of DCI ( where they need to be) well, lets just see i guess.

Yeah - he is a GREAT add. Very excited to see what they come up with

I watched the 15 show followed by the 16 show for the first time in weeks. Time gives a little perspective

The work and emotion out of the guard in 16 was a big step forward, but some of the design and staging still held back their overall effect

Still - some groundwork done in 16 they should build upon next year, particularly with these additions!

• Like 1

Not until after your Regiment does...

As this election season is too sharply showing, not all trends are progress.

and... not all "progressives" represent "progress"

I say go costume. Keep the M&G for concerts and retreat at finals.

• Like 2