Cadets 2017

It'll be spandex. Confirmed from several vet members. Cadets are going Bloo.

and imitating Oregon Crusaders digital photo's fabric design, it will seem to be the traditional West Point maroon, gold, and cream!!! All sides appeased.

Edited by xandandl

From GH's FB page: "Cadets in person design meeting went well.

I think we have a show .":-)

Which will change at least 50 times between now and springtime. :tongue:

• Like 4

Huh? Tight spandex? Is Adonis returning?

I believe The Cadets were all awakened and are all the Adonis now.

• Like 1

It's not surprising. In fact, I'd be shocked if we don't see another corps or two make the transition this summer, and the whole lot aren't in spandex by 2020. It's just a more fitting uniform design than the traditional. Drum corps is about running, moving, and at the end of the day, stretching. Nothing a corps can wear will facilitate that better than spandex.

It'd be a little dorky if they designed the uniforms by photocopying the West Point ones onto a jumpsuit. I'm looking forward to something fresh, flashy. All the alums were #####ing that the Maroon and Gold weren't around these last two years. Now it'll be back. Since apparently the colors are the only important part of the uniform, I'm sure the alums won't care that the usual style is gone :sarcasm:

Funny, isn't it, how the supposed "diversity crowd" call for the annihilation of traditional uniforms and mandate that DCI follow the same foibles of WGI by everyone having copycat productions.

Lynn Lindrstom, the now deceased long time CEO of WGI, and I had an extended conversation when I was her guest for WGI finals several seasons back. She was appalled at how stagnant the marching arts had become because of "the lack of variety of approaches and how judging was rewarding only in one direction, leading to cookie-cutter performances.".

Now that the director of WGI judges' training is the former long time director of the Blue Devils' CG, I really wonder how much diversity the activity will see (for instance supposed a CG didn't dance but operated by a different, yet appropriate script and visuals, a corps did a program about something that didn't crawl on the ground/do gymnastics or flitter about, would they be evaluated for what they are or for what they are not?

Uniforms/costumes/outfits are but one side of the prism. But amazingly some moderns and millennials forcing "progress" are as rigid and limited as the dinosaurs they criticize.

2017 indoor and out will be a pivotal season showing how deep and wide are appreciations in the design room, in the press box, in the stands, and on the field.

photo-38380.jpg?_r=1471694860

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1