Cadets 2017

26 minutes ago, Tobias said:

, many times Jeff had to design with his hands cuffed.

I had not heard before that that former Cadets Brass Caption Head Gino Cipriani was" handcuffing" JS at the Cadets. If so, that sure lets George Hopkins, Daryl Pemberton and Kristy T. off the hook in the Program Coordination of the Visual Design.. Plus, now that Gino's alleged " handcuffing" of the Visual is no longer an issue, the JS Visuals/ Guard should soar this season one would have to think at Crown. That's also good to hear, as its a bummer when former Brass Caption Heads of Corps that helped their charges win their Captions in DCI ( in this case the Ott Trophy for the best Brass line in DCI with the Cadets ) were considered in some manner responsible for the Visual Show Design apparent deficiencies, Program Coordination wise.

Edited by BRASSO

No, it doesn't let the visual team off the hook for last year.

Is there any proof that Jeff was handcuffed by Gino, or is this just hearsay and conjecture?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wallace said:

Is there any proof that Jeff was handcuffed by Gino, or is this just hearsay and conjecture?

It must be Gino...that must be the only hindrance...no one else would dare claim any else's responsibility...especially not GH!

34 minutes ago, wallace said:

Not sure even Jeff would agree with that characterization.  

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Jeff's biggest obstacle at Cadets was Gino. I can't imagine at Crown Matt Hartloff wont put staging pressure on him also. 

Have you ever seen Harloff work Crown's brass line?  Matt is all about incorporating staging and visual into his brass rehearsal.  He's not going to give Jeff any grief.    

1 hour ago, wallace said:

. You should learn to accept this Gino Cipriani's alleged role in " handcuffing " the Cadets Visual Design as fact.. not subject to your doubt, nor criticism of it, Wallace. Besides, we learned here yesterday, that lots of DCP'er Cadets insiders know well what goes on with the Cadets, as when we asked them what happened to Earnhart, & Salas at the Cadets, they huddled and came up with.... "  umm..why don't people contact the Corps directly to know what goes on with the Cadets ?".  But as for past alleged " handcuffing " of the Visual Design by a highly respected departed Brass Caption Head at the Cadets ( Gino Cipriani )... well,... they seem to know a LOT about THAT today it would seem, and are willing to share this alleged " handcuffing " of the Visuals by former long time Cadets Brass Caption Head Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets with the DCP world. Like I said, I had never heard of this before with Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets. I had heard of another person as a " meddler " there on the Visuals ( dozens of times, & from dozens of different people too ), but never heard this about Gino all the years that he was there and did such great work there with the Cadets Brass lines while there. But no, you are not about to get any requested " proof " of these allegations of Gino " handcuffing " the Visual Designers in the past with the Cadets. You pretty much will have to take the Cadets insiders word on it.... as they seem to know a lot of what is going on behind the scenes with the Cadets these days and the last couple of seasons.

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Let's not throw stones since some of us live in glass houses, ok?

Oh the irony...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Oh the irony...

Yeah, it's pretty thick right? 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

. You should learn to accept this Gino Cipriani's alleged role in " handcuffing " the Cadets Visual Design as fact.. not subject to your doubt, nor criticism of it, Wallace. Besides, we learned here yesterday, that lots of DCP'er Cadets insiders know well what goes on with the Cadets, as when we asked them what happened to Earnhart, & Salas at the Cadets, they huddled and came up with.... "  umm..why don't people contact the Corps directly to know what goes on with the Cadets ?".  But as for past alleged " handcuffing " of the Visual Design by a highly respected departed Brass Caption Head at the Cadets ( Gino Cipriani )... well,... they seem to know a LOT about THAT today it would seem, and are willing to share this alleged " handcuffing " of the Visuals by former long time Cadets Brass Caption Head Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets with the DCP world. Like I said, I had never heard of this before with Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets. I had heard of another person as a " meddler " there on the Visuals ( dozens of times, & from dozens of different people too ), but never heard this about Gino all the years that he was there and did such great work there with the Cadets Brass lines while there. But no, you are not about to get any requested " proof " of these allegations of Gino " handcuffing " the Visual Designers in the past with the Cadets. You pretty much will have to take the Cadets insiders word on it.... as they seem to know a lot of what is going on behind the scenes with the Cadets these days and the last couple of seasons.

Lol you are really something else you know that? Why don't you call out people individually instead of labeling groups of people because of which corps they support? I was the only person (as far as I read) who asked why don't you ask Cadets directly (because you think you're entitled to information). And for the record, since you seem to think that all Cadets fans and alum have inside information about what goes on, I have absolutely no information about them other than what is posted either on facebook, on here, or on their website. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I was the only person (as far as I read) who asked why don't you ask Cadets directly (because you think you're entitled to information). 

Once again... I said on the " Code of Silence " thread here on DCP, as well as on this Cadets thread right here above that ( my words ) " "nobody is entitled to anything on these Corps in the off season ". So the misread of my remarks, still has you either confused or obstinate in your mischaracterization in that you STILL believe that I think that we fans are" entitled" to off season info on these Corps. The fact that you repeatedly mischaracterize my remarks as an " entitlement " to such info, won't somehow make this narrative for you work, when my very words on this... more than once... is pretty unmistakably clear that I have stated just the opposite of what you claim I believe. Finally, since you are demanding I speak to you directly on what YOU stated on here, let me be clear that only YOU on this DCP site is making the false claim that I believe that I am somehow ( your repeat word) " entitled " to off season info. Saying it over and over again, won't make YOUR false narrative on this work, my friend.

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Once again... I said on the " Code of Silence " thread here on DCP, as well as on this Cadets thread right here above that ( my words ) " "nobody is entitled to anything on these Corps in the off season ". So the misread of my remarks, still has you either confused or obstinate in your mischaracterization in that you STILL believe that I think that we fans are" entitled" to off season info on these Corps. The fact that you repeatedly mischaracterize my remarks as an " entitlement " to such info, won't somehow make this narrative for you work, when my very words on this... more than once... is pretty unmistakably clear that I have stated just the opposite of what you claim I believe. Finally, since you are demanding I speak to you directly on what YOU stated on here, let me be clear that only YOU on this DCP site is making the false claim that I believe that I am somehow ( your repeat word) " entitled " to off season info. Saying it over and over again, won't make YOUR false narrative on this work, my friend.

Yet your sarcasm about those who do not provide the information you seek makes it seem that you think you are entitled to that information, so you can say "nobody is entitled to anything..." as much as you want. But it's inconsistent.