Cadets 2017

34 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Funny thing. I noticed when in my car listening to CDs I can't hear any of the "horrible" staging issues or flawed visual design of the Cadets recent offerings. . All I hear is some pretty kick azz music. 2015 for example. My ratio of listening to Cadets (4th place, oh the horror) versus BD (gold medal!  Gutted. K-pop edited out. But oh boy "I wish" is in there, in the lamest voice it makes me laugh every time) is about 10 to 1. A drum corps season is a few fleeting months. Audio recording is forever. I'll take Cadets over the awe inspiring visual shows every day of the week. 

I agree with this as well. My " go to " CD's is never, or rarely, placement oriented in any year. While its true that modern day DCI judging  increasingly rewards the the non scholastic degree's elements in shows ( Visual/Guard/ Staging ) over the scholastic degree elements ( Music, Brass, Percussion ), my listening pleasure in my home and car tend to be the scholastic degreed elements, ie the Music, Brass, Percussion.. and it tends to have no bearing at all as to where ( for example ) the Guards placed that season in DCI. So I'm with you on this HockeyDad.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Image No. 2

I know the corps' 2017 show theme and music, but I'm not telling Corpsband-Brasso nor Admiral Tekk.

NOOOO !! We're gonna steal your marbles, wreck your tree house, make you kiss Cindy ( yuk!! ) and get Spanky and the rest of our Gang to chase you off the playground, if you ain't tellin' !

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

If you got the impression that I believe I am " entitled " to off season information from any Corps, let me disabuse you of that assessment with my remarks above on the " Cone of Silence " thread that ( my direct words ) " Corps do not owe us a thing in the off season ". Can that be any more clearer to you ? While taking this position, I also wished we had more info from ALL the Corps, and have been critical of their apparent tone deafness of the importance of the modern day social media available to these Corps to keep the fans properly engaged throughout the year.  Thanks for your repeated requests on this thread that If we want to know something about a Corps, rather than ask it here on DCP, we should go ask the Corps itself. I'll be sure to remember your advice next time, I ( or others) might have a particular question pertaining to a Drum Corps here on DCP.

It's easy to say that "corps do not owe us a thing in the off-season" but by calling it ridiculous that they don't provide you what you want makes it seem as if you're entitled to that information. You can remember my advice, take a screenshot of it or whatever you choose to do, but to imply that Cadets fans/alum seem to have this information makes it sound as if some of us are choosing to hide this information. Some people may be doing just that, and if they are, they probably have their reasons, valid or not. But as you stated before, none of us are owed anything so you might want to tone it down with the RFIs, as in my opinion, that off-season information is provided as a courtesy nowadays. 

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Image No. 2

I know the corps' 2017 show theme and music, but I'm not telling Corpsband/Brasso nor Admiral Tekk.

Fascinating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know the corps' 2017 show theme and music, but I'm not telling Corpsband/Brasso nor Admiral Tekk.

Do you steal candy from babies, too, you heartless tease? LOL! God forbid we ruffle the plume feathers of the Shako of Silence! 

18 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Jeff's design was so complete,  there was no room for him to insert any terrible ideas. :ninja: 

Agreed!

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

Jeff's design was so complete,  there was no room for him to insert any terrible ideas. :ninja: 

Hopkins found the music, staff suggested the two color uniforms and the rest is history. Jeff wrote some good drill in 12 also but since then the drill has been pretty uninspired imo 

• Like 1