Cadets 2017

I'm going to make like Martin Luther and nail my theses concerning everything wrong with drum corps on one of the corps amps this summer

The first thesis will expound the reasons why the shako of silence is like mouse droppings in the pepper grinder.

Then I'll REALLY get wound up! LOL!

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

Only 11 at Mass was handled by Madison last season.

Wrong. All 12 were at the last supper. Which is considered to be the origin of the Eucharist. 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Wrong. All 12 were at the last supper. Which is considered to be the origin of the Eucharist. 

reread again. John 13:27 has him leaving early.  You are correct that the Eucharist has its origin in the Last Supper. To consider the DCP ground rules, further discussion of this should send me a pm.

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

reread again. John 13:27 has him leaving early.  You are correct that the Eucharist has its origin in the Last Supper. To consider the DCP ground rules, further discussion of this should send me a pm.

lastsupper_brooks.jpg

32 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Perhaps you should have considered the ground rules as you posted first on this. I corrected you. 

7 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

JC - Table for 26, please.

Maitre'd - There's only 13 of you.

JC - Yeah, but we all want to sit on the same side.

Actually the C(o)ena room shown to tourists and pilgrims in Jerusalem is quite different from DaVinci's presentation as given by a poster above. Da Vinci has been critiqued by art historians as showing more of the dining customs of his age rather than the Sedar customs from Jesus' time. The Jerusalem room has day beds in Roman style rather than chairs and what might be called a table is almost semi-circular.

How this relates to Cadets and drum corps is the curiosity most will have of how the Cadets present their visual program of the source music and focus of the lyrics. Will there be allusions, tableaux, or a totally contemporary or futuristic interpretation? We shall soon see. 

Edited by xandandl

On 5/1/2017 at 3:06 PM, Eleran said:

I don't hype shows.  I will say, however, that I was happy on Sunday to hear them play my favorite part of the Mass (and no, I can't tell you which part - so shoot me).   I just hope that section remains throughout the summer.

I was really hoping they would do "God Said", but Hopkins indicated they won't.  I loved Avon's take on it to win their first BOA Grand Nationals in 2008.  With the "saying flags".

See 6:25 mark in this - 

6 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I was really hoping they would do "God Said", but Hopkins indicated they won't.  I loved Avon's take on it to win their first BOA Grand Nationals in 2008.  With the "saying flags".

See 6:25 mark in this - 

Do the math. GH did say in the announcement that the copyright stopped being extended 8 years ago. just saying...