SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

I cannot get enough of this show. I must have spent 2-3 hours last night watching it over and over. It is just SO good. This could very well turn out to be my favorite show ever by seasons end. It is just brilliant in all facets. Good God, please let SCV win it all this year.

• Like 6

Saw Vanguard for the first time this year, tonight in Rockford. Terrific show. It's fresh and interesting. To me, anyway. It has a bit of a mesmerizing thing going on about it in the same way Blooo's did last year. Not the same kind of show, of course. Just really, really interesting. And those horns! If you have not heard that music live yet...

I was worried about the props. So much complexity and messiness on the fields this year. SCV uses those props well, and there is a clean-ness to them that cancels out my usual prop eye roll.

Uniforms? Once they started the show, I forgot all about their not having something more traditional or familiar.

Edited by mjoakes
spellings
  • Like 7

With this score tonite, SCV is not only in a medals hunt, they are in a Title hunt.

No surprise to me. I've been saying it for over a week... now in the 1st head to head matchup with the undefeated DCI current Champion, SCV is under a point away from the Defending Champion. And its only July 8th..... and a whopping 3.3 point jump over the last show. The judges are noticing.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

With this score tonite, SCV is not only in a medals hunt, they are in a Title hunt.

No surprise to me. I've been saying it for over a week... now in the 1st head to head matchup with the undefeated DCI current Champion, SCV is under a point away from the Defending Champion. And its only July 8th..... and a whopping 3.3 point jump over the last show. The judges are noticing.

They better get that GE straightened out if they're going to be true title contenders. They're more than a half a point behind Coats and BD at the moment. 

Just now, mboogey73 said:

They better get that GE straightened out if they're going to be true title contenders. They're more than a half a point behind Coats and BD at the moment. 

Yes, and no... If they are cleaner in some captions than the front runner, they can spend more time tweeking the show for that GE. Its only July 8th. Do you know what place the Bluecoats were in on July 8th last season ?  Do you know where the Bluecoasts were in GE last season on July 8th. If not, go look it up, and self educate yourself on where the Coats were in " GE ".. SCV may or may not win, nor medal this season, but here on July 8th, they are under a point away from the Defending Champion. That puts them right in the current mix to win or medal.

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes, and no... If they are cleaner in some captions than the front runner, they can spend more time tweeking the show for that GE. Its only July 8th. Do you know what place the Bluecoats were in on July 8th last season ?  Do you know where the Bluecoasts were in GE last season on July 8th. If not, go look it up, and self educate yourself on where the Coats were in " GE ".. SCV may or may not win, nor medal this season, but here on July 8th, they are under a point away from the Defending Champion. That puts them right in the current mix to win or medal.

Wasn't trying to offend. Yes I'm fully aware what Coats did last year. Nothing to say SCV can't do the same. But as you said, as of today, they're running a deficit in GE that needs to be resolved eventually to be in gold contention. That was my only point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

Wasn't trying to offend. Yes I'm fully aware what Coats did last year. Nothing to say SCV can't do the same. But as you said, as of today, they're running a deficit in GE that needs to be resolved eventually to be in gold contention. That was my only point. 

Fair point.. and what you said is certainly an area they will need to address moving forward.

• Like 1