SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

One of the few I would guess.

They're some of the better utilized/staged/designed ones I've seen as of late with tons of usages, ways they're interacted with, and aesthetically matching the show.  

I've seen lots that I hate over the years but these are some of my personal favorites.  

Ok, just wondering.  Personally, I think they look tacky, but I just now went and watched a high cam (...well a highER cam) and they fit into the drill pretty well.  

18 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

So far this year, I think SCV wins "best props" hands down. They have a bunch of different visual looks (upright, tilted, flat, reversed). They do a bunch of interesting things with them - a stage, part of the drill, a ladder, a wheel, a hiding place for people/stuff - I particularly liked tilting the horn player while he was playing a solo. Really creative use of a simple thing. 

Yes, nice usage.  Some of the moves remind me of a scaled down KA which is understandable.  Plenty of time to add more safe difficulty.  I understand what the color scheme represents, but for visual scoring, when the 12 of them are lined up, does the gap between the colors all have to be in the same position?

17 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Has Gaines been involved with the corps long enough yet to have much influence drillwise? His position was announced pretty recently, but maybe he's been longer than the announcement suggests.

Gaines has the midas touch

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Ok, am I the only one who hates SCV's props?

9 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

One of the few I would guess.

They're some of the better utilized/staged/designed ones I've seen as of late with tons of usages, ways they're interacted with, and aesthetically matching the show.  

I've seen lots that I hate over the years but these are some of my personal favorites.  

They have a few neat moments with them, but I don't find them anywhere nearly as effective as Bloo's ramps last year.

It was the second show, so not going to be too harsh, but similar to Cadets towers in 2013, they will have to make sure they are dressed properly with correct spacing.

For instance in Stanford when they are all lined up on the 50, and the guard member runs forward while each circle is lifted up behind her, several were tilted to the right or left diminishing the effect greatly.

Creative moments though, no doubt!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

It was the second show, so not going to be too harsh, but similar to Cadets towers in 2013, they will have to make sure they are dressed properly with correct spacing. 

What about the question above about lining up the face of each wheel?  If the first one has the opening at 12 o'clock, should they all be at 12?

42 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

They have a few neat moments with them, but I don't find them anywhere nearly as effective as Bloo's ramps last year.

For instance in Stanford when they are all lined up on the 50, and the guard member runs forward while each circle is lifted up behind her, several were tilted to the right or left diminishing the effect greatly.

There are some timing things to work out but I wouldn't even remotely put these on the same playing field as those Cadets towers........these are used in a wide range of ways that have some really neat effects throughout the show and are staged properly.   In my opinion of course.   

I hate props that take up a lot of field space and are barely touched or utilized so I'm a big skeptic usually but I quite like these.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cadet93 said:

I am a Bluecoat fan, but they are unsing these props soooo well.  A run for the money is what I see in this show's potential.

I love the props on the 50 with the lone guard running forward, reminiscent of Vanguards WGI show! Love everything about this year. VANGUARD!

• Like 1